Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

That hardaway contract is no worse then Biz's contract. We are just as bad.

No, it's not... and the Knicks continue to be incompetent, despite playing in one of the biggest markets in the NBA.

We want to maintain cap space for 2019. Why trade for tyler Johnson who makes 19 million that year?

I'm not on board for that strategy again. You were pounding the drum for cap space for years so we could sign two max free agents last summer... and we got Augustin, Green and Biz. If we are presented with the opportunity to add solid young players with upside via trade, sign me up.

All aboard the shelvin mack and Jonas Jerebko train!

Can't wait to talk myself into the versatility that Luke Babbitt and Mike Muscala give us

Uh. It's for more money and includes a 15% trade kicker and new York literally owned him. then traded him for jerian grant. Then traded grant for rose who they just renounced the rights to to give him a contract nobody else was going to give

More money? Hardly. Less than a million more per year. Hardaway is at least capable of catching a basketball that's thrown to him. Both deals are bad but I don't see how as a magic fan we have room to rip the knicks for any deals right now. We gave a career backup a 4 year deal too.

I'm not on board for that strategy again. You were pounding the drum for cap space for years so we could sign two max free agents last summer... and we got Augustin, Green and Biz. If we are presented with the opportunity to add solid young players with upside via trade, sign me up.

So your big plan is to pay more money for worse Fournier?

More money? Hardly. Less than a million more per year. Hardaway is at least capable of catching a basketball that's thrown to him. Both deals are bad but I don't see how as a magic fan we have room to rip the knicks for any deals right now. We gave a career backup a 4 year deal too.

Fifteen

Percent

Trade

Kicker

No, it's not... and the Knicks continue to be incompetent, despite playing in one of the biggest markets in the NBA.

IMO it's as bad. The knicks are incompetent but what are we? Look at our last 5 years.

Fifteen

Percent

Trade

Kicker

But we can't trade Biz. So I don't really see the difference. Yea he doesn't have a trade kicker but his contract is so bad we are stuck with him.

But we can't trade Biz. So I don't really see the difference. Yea he doesn't have a trade kicker but his contract is so bad we are stuck with him.

And hardaway is worse

So your big plan is to pay more money for worse Fournier?

The plan would be to draft well and look for players that are still relatively young and have upside. Hoping to attract a top free agent to Orlando in 2019 is totally wishful thinking, in my opinion.

IMO it's as bad. The knicks are incompetent but what are we? Look at our last 5 years.

Look at the Knicks' last 20 years. I'm just as frustrated a Magic fan as any of us these days, but us finally struggling through a rebuild after an extremely successful first 20 years as a small market NBA franchise was bound to happen at some point. It seems like the end of the world and we'll never get back because the organization spoiled us as a fan base for a long time.

Signing Hardaway is no worse than the contracts of Augustin (4/29) and Biz (4/72) for a total of 4/101 million. Those signings were two major mistakes by Henny and the Magic.

Edit: What's crazy is Augustin had played for 7(!!!) teams prior to us signing him to that deal. What was management thinking?