Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 2h2 hours ago

The Houston Rockets are working to flip their $10M in non-guaranteed contracts for players or assets, league sources tell ESPN.

213 replies 946 retweets 1,577 likes

Can I actually put money on that? It's like stealing. If it was 30 I'd have a much harder time deciding, but 40? There is no way we win 40 next season unless they pull major roster changes out of a hat.

Every year we look at our collection of crappy young players and think they will somehow be much better next year. The players involved change, from Harris, Dipo, Harkless, and other former "young guns", to Payton, Gordon, Hezonja and whoever else we have who's young, but the assumption that somehow our lead will become gold reoccurs every summer.

The reality is that this team is in big trouble. We are terrible and even those who are optimistic about our future are talking at least 3 more years before we can even resemble a decent team. This was always the huge risk of the Hennigan strategy of making us terrible so we could become great. He succeeded in the first part only; and there is no easy way out of the resulting mess.

Sure can. Make an account with Bovado and have at it. I've already put money down on those odds.

Also, just for fun--I put 50$ on Issac to win rookie of the year, which would pay out $2,500. The prop bets are always fun.

The interesting thing is the top 5 to win ROY are Ball/Simmons/SmithJr/Fultz/Fox. Fultz 4th seems a bit juicy to me. 50$ wins you 300$.

• Upvote 1

"Sources: Boston, Utah sign-and-trade talks dormant since AM. Celtics engaged throughout NBA on Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder." - @wojespn

If Washington matches on Porter they are probably going to look to unload Gortat. I for one would love to get rid of Vuc or Biyombo and bring him back! He's due under $13M for 2017/18 and $14M for 2018/19 Maybe we could trade those 2 picks we just got for him or 1 of them plus Watson.

Let me go ahead and say this: if we don't get in on Smart, Bradley, Crowder or even Tyler Johnson, I'll be disappointed. All of these guys are solid and relatively young and could help grow our team.

Let me go ahead and say this: if we don't get in on Smart, Bradley, Crowder or even Tyler Johnson, I'll be disappointed. All of these guys are solid and relatively young and could help grow our team.

We want to maintain cap space for 2019. Why trade for tyler Johnson who makes 19 million that year?

We may be a lot of things, but at least we're not the Knicks

That hardaway contract is no worse then Biz's contract. We are just as bad.

That hardaway contract is no worse then Biz's contract. We are just as bad.

Uh. It's for more money and includes a 15% trade kicker and new York literally owned him. then traded him for jerian grant. Then traded grant for rose who they just renounced the rights to to give him a contract nobody else was going to give