Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Friends, I'll be previewing each and every NBA team on YouTube, from the worst projected record to the best! The first video is already up and it's not us!!! It's the Phoenix Suns. Check it out

Ex wizards HC randy wiltman hired by the magic as coaching consultant.

Oh well, looks like we have our replacement if Vogel doesn't cut it. I'm not hot on Wittman but I'm digging this move. About time we have competition.

Oh well, looks like we have our replacement if Vogel doesn't cut it. I'm not hot on Wittman but I'm digging this move. About time we have competition.

I don't think that's what's happening at all.

This is just a way to give two of our long time coaches promotions and hire an experienced assistant short term.

I don't think that's what's happening at all.

This is just a way to give two of our long time coaches promotions and hire an experienced assistant short term.

You don't hire a known coach like Wittman as a "coaching consultant" and expect him to play assistant.

You don't hire a known coach like Wittman as a "coaching consultant" and expect him to play assistant.

Yes you do. It's happening more and more frequently in sports in general

Yes you do. It's happening more and more frequently in sports in general

Name me one previous (good) head coach that later took on an assistant position in the NBA. We're not talking about JV or Mike Woodson guys either. I'm saying a GOOD coach.

Name me one previous (good) head coach that later took on an assistant position in the NBA. We're not talking about JV or Mike Woodson guys either. I'm saying a GOOD coach.

Monty Williams and Mike Brown are both guys you have to consider at least decent NBA coaches (on a level with Whitman) who have taken assistant jobs. That's just off the top of my head.

You're suggesting Randy Whitman was a good head coach?

Lawrence Frank

Alvin gentry post phoenix

Mike D'antoni with Philly

Nate McMillan with Indiana and Vogel

Keith Smart

Terry Stotts

Thibodeau wasn't an assistant with the kings but did some consulting for them.

Mike Woodson

I used to consider Alvin Gentry good, but I don't know anymore

I used to consider Alvin Gentry good, but I don't know anymore

Good assistant coach mediocre hc. Did his best work taking over for D'antoni in Phoenix.