Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Disagree. So much of our issue last year was poor management of roster to match with a very poor second unit. We addressed this by putting Gordon back at the PF position where he belongs and filling the second unit with trusted vets. I personally don't think we are as bad as many people think we are. We have a lot of youth, but with patience comes growth. This team will click this year, as long as they are utilizing a system where the players' strengths can thrive.

As long as Payton is our starting PG we will continue to suck. The modern NBA requires a PG that can shoot from outside and needs to be guarded closely..

The Magic fired general manager Rob Hennigan last April, but a rough overview of their offseason would hardly show it. Orlando hit all the Hennigan classics:

But look closer, and new president Jeff Weltman fared better than his predecessor.

Isaac, a shaky ball-handler, is far from a sure thing. But he was my second-best available prospect (behind Dennis Smith, who went No. 9 to the Mavericks) and is certainly a reasonable pick.

Unlike Watson and Augustin, Mack received only one guaranteed season. He’ll even earn less this year than Augustin, who’s still guaranteed $21.75 million over the next three years (blegh).

I’m not convinced Afflalo deserves even a roster spot, but at least he’s on just a minimum contract. That’s far better than the amounts paid to Maxiell ($2.5 million), Gordon ($4.5 million) and Green ($15 million!) for their lone seasons in Orlando.

http://nba.nbcsports...ando-overnight/

Montenegro has a point guard named Tyrese Rice who played college for Virginia and he's just jacking up shots. They have really bad coaching.

Vucevic is struggling against against the Gasol brothers. No room for him to operate and no point guard that wants to get him easy buckets.

Tyrese Rice played for Boston College. He is from Richmond Va, though. Byrd High School, to be exact. I watched him put up 40 on Durant's Oak Hill squad. But, yeah, him jacking up shots sounds about right.

As long as Payton is our starting PG we will continue to suck. The modern NBA requires a PG that can shoot from outside and needs to be guarded closely..

Payton is decent at most things but not exceptional or above average at anything. He's the ideal backup PG and my #1 complaint about the new FO is that they are continuing this worthless experiment. I don't hate the dude or nothing, but I'm tired of him being our starting PG. He doesn't cut it.

I for one am sick of hearing about Payton's flaws. How about every other player especially last year that could not shoot. How many wide open shots that ep would have got an assist on, were missed? How many triple doubles did the whole team get compared to ep? And on td 's are not the end all stat but they show how much the guy hustles. As far as his shooting goes he improved from the line and around the rim. And I think he will keep improving as he has trended up every year.

I for one am sick of hearing about Payton's flaws. How about every other player especially last year that could not shoot. How many wide open shots that ep would have got an assist on, were missed? How many triple doubles did the whole team get compared to ep? And on td 's are not the end all stat but they show how much the guy hustles. As far as his shooting goes he improved from the line and around the rim. And I think he will keep improving as he has trended up every year.

Well, you're going to keep hearing about all his flaws because the team is trying to hype him up as the PG of the future despite his limited upside. I for one, don't care about the triple doubles, I've said this many times before but in today's NBA they are a common occurrence and it isn't like he's putting up some epic historic triple doubles, usually he barely manages them at a 14/10/10 line or something. It's not like he averaged a triple double either. As I've said, he's not a bad player the problem is he's decent at everything but exceptional at nothing. He's a backup. We'll never build a legit playoff team with him as the point, forget about championship contender.

As for the rest of the team not shooting, I don't see your point. I don't think anyone here thinks we have a team of shooters. But that's again why Payton is part of the problem and not the solution. Hopefully he isn't signed to a long term deal because locking ourselves into this epitome of mediocrity for years to come is not ideal. He's best suited to be a backup on a good team where he can shine with his skillset, not trying to have him carry an NBA team which clearly he is incapable of.

yeah, especially unprecedented events. During Katrina or Sandy you could blame a lot of the issues on a governmental entity because there was evidence of poor infrastructure contributing to the disaster.

I have no idea how anyone could plan for 50+ inches of water being dumped on a city over a long weekend. Its almost incomprehensible. It rains a lot in Orlando. It rains an average of 50.7 inches per year. Houston got that in 5 days. I don't know how anyone could ever expect to deal with that.

I was shocked when it was forecasted to drop 30 inches. now its at 50! that's absurd.

I remember back in 2004 Frances felt like a never ending monsoon and that was only something like 12 inches.

Fay was even worse in 2008, it rained over 2 feet in central florida.

Fay was even worse in 2008, it rained over 2 feet in central florida.

I remember i was racing fay to Tallahassee. Didn't get to experience too match rain though

Getting hyped for college football. Good luck to the FSU fans; I hope you guys beat Bama. My Gators probably won't do too great against Michigan especially with Callaway and Scarlett out, but you never know.

Payton is decent at most things but not exceptional or above average at anything. He's the ideal backup PG and my #1 complaint about the new FO is that they are continuing this worthless experiment. I don't hate the dude or nothing, but I'm tired of him being our starting PG. He doesn't cut it.

I agree 100%. It's nothing personal, he just doesn't have the shooting skills to be a starting PG in the NBA. He WOULD make a great bench PG though. I hope when it is time to talk about extending Payton, Gordon, and Mario that new management bases their decision on this season's performance and NOT what position they were drafted.