Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

So ross, Augustin, biyombo, Payton, iwundu, Isaac, gordon, Mario, speights, and our player development people are all out in LA training together

Awesome. I miss the Jameer offseason getaways to build better relationships.

So ross, Augustin, biyombo, Payton, iwundu, Isaac, gordon, Mario, speights, and our player development people are all out in LA training together

Huh. Where are Vuc and Fournier? lol

probably. I wonder if they'd consider Gordon and Payton. Do we think Nets will be top 5 pick? still may not be enough to get it done. If we took back something maybe they consider it.

I wish you were our GM.

I get people's frustration in not drafting dsj, but you can't use this as a means as to why we're going to regret it... your article even goes against your point since last year they chose Dunn, and look at how that worked. Also even if he does win ROY, it means nothing.

3 things on that

1- Even though as you say "it means nothing," wouldn't be nice if WE were the ones that drafted a rookie of the year for a change?

2- having a point guard that can shoot would drastically change this team and create more open shots for everyone.

and 3- Payton is going to be looking for BIG money soon and he just isn't that good. We could have been back to square 1 with a PG that can shoot on a brand new rookie contract. Instead we have to make a decision to horribly overpay Payton or trade him for peanuts because a PG that can't shoot just doesn't work in today's NBA. Then there we are looking for a PG and ending up with one not as good as DSJ.

At least I don't have to keep checking REALGM anymore to see if we got Irving yet, LOL

So this is pretty funny: (Now former) UFC Champion Jon Jones is a habitual line stepper, or drug test failer, but his twitter handle is @jonnybones. @jonjones is owned by some other dude who gets constant hate tweets. Now our very own Terrence Ross fell for the trap

DH4RzgYXgAAbff6.jpg

3 things on that

1- Even though as you say "it means nothing," wouldn't be nice if WE were the ones that drafted a rookie of the year for a change?

2- having a point guard that can shoot would drastically change this team and create more open shots for everyone.

and 3- Payton is going to be looking for BIG money soon and he just isn't that good. We could have been back to square 1 with a PG that can shoot on a brand new rookie contract. Instead we have to make a decision to horribly overpay Payton or trade him for peanuts because a PG that can't shoot just doesn't work in today's NBA. Then there we are looking for a PG and ending up with one not as good as DSJ.

At least I don't have to keep checking REALGM anymore to see if we got Irving yet, LOL

I too dislike the idea of committing so soon to this core group. But how is Payton to look for that "big money" if he's the PG that "can't shoot" and "doesn't work in today's NBA?" Vogel bidding against himself?

I too dislike the idea of committing so soon to this core group. But how is Payton to look for that "big money" if he's the PG that "can't shoot" and "doesn't work in today's NBA?" Vogel bidding against himself?

I said he'll be "looking" for big money, not that he'll get it. If he doesn't get better at shooting this year we have to let him go. He is not an NBA caliber shooter. We can't afford to have a PG that other teams can sag off and put more pressure on the guys that CAN shoot.

I still scratch my head at the fact that players that can't shoot even make it to the NBA. There are people at local YMCAs that shoot better than some NBA players.

I said he'll be "looking" for big money, not that he'll get it. If he doesn't get better at shooting this year we have to let him go. He is not an NBA caliber shooter. We can't afford to have a PG that other teams can sag off and put more pressure on the guys that CAN shoot.

I still scratch my head at the fact that players that can't shoot even make it to the NBA. There are people at local YMCAs that shoot better than some NBA players.

I'm still not getting it. Does he possess means of entering a parallel universe? Is he a time traveler?

Payton is going to get paid just not by us. We don't have a roster that suits him, and we're far away from getting one.

Put him on the Cavs, surrounded by Crowder, IT, Love, Korver, shooters galore. Put him in San Antonio, heck even the clippers.