Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Roberto Aguayo is...

He was so great in college... l don't know what happened, he's still kicking a football but getting paid millions now. Maybe that's it, it's a shame though. Wasted that high of a pick on a kicker not looking like an NFL caliber kicker, still got faith though.

Edit: scratch that. He got cut.

It was only a year lol. I figured we'd give him atleast this year too. He is only 23.

He's a bum. Bigger than that he was a mistake. I wouldn't have any harsh feelings if he wasn't a second rd. pick.

He's a bum. Bigger than that he was a mistake. I wouldn't have any harsh feelings if he wasn't a second rd. pick.

and the Bucs actually traded up for the kicker....you read that right...traded UP for a kicker! I guess they were worried AlDavis would come back to life and take him before their pick like fat Janokowski.

We have a weird trend of players coming here and then their games completely fall off and it needs to stop

Actually it doesn't surprise me at all. It just should remind us that individual player stats aren't generated in a vacuum, and usually depend on the team (and coaching schemes) that surround them. Put a player with a well defined role on a team where he's expected to have a larger and/or different role and it's not surprising that he may not do as well.

Channing Frye, mentioned as an example in a recent post, illustrates the above very well. His role on offense is to be a 3-point threat. He doesn't create his own shot very well. On our team, with few other 3-point threats and lousy ball movement, he wasn't open that much. On Cleveland, with multiple other threats and much better passing, he is able to resume the role in which he is effective. This is exactly what I would have expected.

It's also a reason for my prior post about Payton's stats the last 19 games, and how or if that translated into anything in the win-loss department. The point guard in particular needs to make the other players on his team better, help them maximize their roles. Payton generated stats but I'm not sure he made anyone better.

Just like every other young kicker he'll bounce around then stick somewhere in a couple years and have a long nfl career

The good news is there's another aguayo