Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Since things are slow, some of you should start watching Soccer. The Premier League starts today and I previewed it on YouTube!

MLS baby. Forget the Brits.

Fournier has good individual skills but he has yet to show he knows how to use them effectively while also fitting in with a full team. That problem extends to Nik and to a lesser extent AG as well, so its not unique to Fournier. Because of that problem his production is rather empty, like the other two mentioned.

Nik is a near 20/10/4/2 guy. He is the only person remotely capable of that on our team. I don't know why you think it'd be great if he'd be a 12/8/5/2 guy as that would be a serious decline in his production. I agree about the defense, but the same could be said for just about everyone on our team in that regard. There is little team cohesiveness on D that ultimately leads to cracks. Those cracks naturally lead to the center position so he gets more flak for poor defense than others that have more control on the situation. I'm not saying he's not at fault for his defensive lapses, just that his teammates haven't helped either.

Vuc was the go to guy a few years ago. Not anymore. We cant win if he continues to be an offensive minded guy.

We have guys that needs to be more involved in the offense. Gordon, Isaac and Payton to name a few.

I want Vuc to step back and be more of a defensive minded guy. It is not about individual production.

He can be decent in the defensive end and he is smart enough to get the passing game perfected as well.

Hence why I think if he shoots less then the PPG will go down.

His individual offensive production might go down but the team overall offense can improve significantly. We were at the bottom of the league last year when his fg attempts per game were high for a center.

Since things are slow, some of you should start watching Soccer. The Premier League starts today and I previewed it on YouTube!

Solid! I like the mic! I will be nice if next time, as you analize a team wear the team hat or something so I can follow you better. I dont know much about the premier league but I learn something today!

Keep ip the good work!

Vuc was the go to guy a few years ago. Not anymore. We cant win if he continues to be an offensive minded guy.

We have guys that needs to be more involved in the offense. Gordon, Isaac and Payton to name a few.

I want Vuc to step back and be more of a defensive minded guy. It is not about individual production.

He can be decent in the defensive end and he is smart enough to get the passing game perfected as well.

Hence why I think if he shoots less then the PPG will go down.

His individual offensive production might go down but the team overall offense can improve significantly. We were at the bottom of the league last year when his fg attempts per game were high for a center.

We agree that in order to be better we need Payton ag and Isaac to step up. We also agree that more attention to detail should be the focus on defense.

I don't see the utility in limiting our best scorer and elevating less efficient scorers to take his shots essentially(i.e. AG). That won't lead to wins. Nik is 26, he's entering his prime, all this 'used to' verbiage suggests he's regressing on some linear scale, he's not. I get that people finally realize that Payton is actually a good player so they must find another scapegoat for our problems. Nik is next in line. He has the ability to do things no one else on our team can do. he's flawed like everyone else on our team, but he is our most underrated player I believe. He should get traded in all honesty but then we're just left with biyombo. There's little practicality in doing that as well.

I expect that as long as he comes back in shape and ready to work that he'll stand to gain the most from an improving point guard. I'm not going to argue your opinions in your post above, I just wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if the team doesn't share the same viewpoint or take action moving in your direction.

We agree that in order to be better we need Payton ag and Isaac to step up. We also agree that more attention to detail should be the focus on defense.

I don't see the utility in limiting our best scorer and elevating less efficient scorers to take his shots essentially(i.e. AG). That won't lead to wins. Nik is 26, he's entering his prime, all this 'used to' verbiage suggests he's regressing on some linear scale, he's not. I get that people finally realize that Payton is actually a good player so they must find another scapegoat for our problems. Nik is next in line. He has the ability to do things no one else on our team can do. he's flawed like everyone else on our team, but he is our most underrated player I believe. He should get traded in all honesty but then we're just left with biyombo. There's little practicality in doing that as well.

I expect that as long as he comes back in shape and ready to work that he'll stand to gain the most from an improving point guard. I'm not going to argue your opinions in your post above, I just wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if the team doesn't share the same viewpoint or take action moving in your direction.

Vucevic was our 8th most efficient scorer last year...

If Vooch has added a regular 3 point shot to his game this offseason then maybe it can be different. As of now though, his specialty on offense is the least efficient shot in the NBA.

Vucevic was our 8th most efficient scorer last year...

I would hope that you understand that a teams best scorer is rarely their most efficient. That is not a viable indicator. All that tells you is that he doesn't score enough off three pointers and that there are lower usage players with smaller samples.

Can't wait to get Vuc off this team -- people need to stop saying he's our best scorer

Replace the word best with most consistent, it's all synonymous. The point stands.

Solid! I like the mic! I will be nice if next time, as you analize a team wear the team hat or something so I can follow you better. I dont know much about the premier league but I learn something today!

Keep ip the good work!

Thanks a lot for the kind words and advice!

One of my goals is to get more people from America to start watching and understanding Soccer so I'll try to cater to the newer fans a little more.

Thanks again for checking it out ;)