Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

News coming out that Irving didn't even talk to the team during the playoffs for a few days, not looking good. Not the kind of player we need even if we can get him.

There's a good reason for that, Nik is still our best player. At least until Payton finds his 3pt shot.

I'm not sure if Vucevic has ever been our best player

There's a good reason for that, Nik is still our best player. At least until Payton finds his 3pt shot.

I dont think he is. Fournier IS our current best player. I expect for Gordon to be better this year. Vuc is our 3-4 option now. Vuc needs to play the Pau Gasol style. Learn how to be a passing first big guy. I want him to average 4- 5 assists per game. He can do this with this core of young player.

He also needs to improve his defense mentality. He can and has played very good sporadic defense in the past. He can be an average defender if he puts his mind on it.

It will be great if he can average 12 points/ 8 rebounds/5 assits and 2 blocks per game.

I'm not sure if Vucevic has ever been our best player

He probably was in 14/15 that was back when most of the young guys were inefficient messes.

The last two years he wasn't top three though.

Nope

He probably was in 14/15 that was back when most of the young guys were inefficient messes.

The last two years he wasn't top three though.

I guess statistically it was Payton last season, the point was made to say that Payton needs to improve his threes if he wants to be the best this season. Nik was our second best player last season, the best the season before that, and the one before that.

I dont think he is. Fournier IS our current best player. I expect for Gordon to be better this year. Vuc is our 3-4 option now. Vuc needs to play the Pau Gasol style. Learn how to be a passing first big guy. I want him to average 4- 5 assists per game. He can do this with this core of young player.

He also needs to improve his defense mentality. He can and has played very good sporadic defense in the past. He can be an average defender if he puts his mind on it.

It will be great if he can average 12 points/ 8 rebounds/5 assits and 2 blocks per game.

Fournier has good individual skills but he has yet to show he knows how to use them effectively while also fitting in with a full team. That problem extends to Nik and to a lesser extent AG as well, so its not unique to Fournier. Because of that problem his production is rather empty, like the other two mentioned.

Nik is a near 20/10/4/2 guy. He is the only person remotely capable of that on our team. I don't know why you think it'd be great if he'd be a 12/8/5/2 guy as that would be a serious decline in his production. I agree about the defense, but the same could be said for just about everyone on our team in that regard. There is little team cohesiveness on D that ultimately leads to cracks. Those cracks naturally lead to the center position so he gets more flak for poor defense than others that have more control on the situation. I'm not saying he's not at fault for his defensive lapses, just that his teammates haven't helped either.

I guess statistically it was Payton last season, the point was made to say that Payton needs to improve his threes if he wants to be the best this season. Nik was our second best player last season, the best the season before that, and the one before that.

I'd put Fournier above him and ibaka pre all-star and Gordon post.