Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

You are been too emotional here.

He was a very good shooter playing several years in Europe prior joining the NBA. He was considered to be, by many a great shooter. His game somehow did not translated well in the NBA due to likely poor playing time, multiple coach changes or just pace of the game.

He tried to adjust last year by releasing the ball faster which didnt help.

He is now working On his technique and trying to play off the ball. Now, everyone is criticizing him for putting the work. That is all what we want from him now. I am not a fan of him but still believe in his potential. Whether that is been a great bench role player for us or Someone can bring some decent talent on a potential future trade.

Will see how he does this year but to say he is garbage at this point is childish. He is still a very young player and continues to work on his game.

He is only 22 years of age. Very similar age range as some of this year first round picks in semi ojele, justin Jackson,Luke, among others.

We live in an instantaneous society and are all by products of that. If you look at Hezonga's NBA first year stats they show that he has the "potential" to be a good player if he works at it and is developed. I hope his second year stats were a result of simply "playing around with his shot". And, if it was, whose advice was that so that a 80-85% career FT shooter and a 35% first year NBA 3 point average shooter should "monkey around with his shot". I hope it was not our coaches who suggested that. You would hope that they would tell a good shooter how to practice and get better and not to alter his shot. He will definitely not be a player for us if we do not give him minutes, significant minutes, something I will think he still has to earn. But if we are going to start giving up on 3rd year players who were 1st round picks (when virtually every expert had Hezonja in the top 6 to 10 of the draft that year) who has had 2 different head coaches in their first two years, who has one of his strengths as being a long range shooter (on a team who ranks at the bottom in the league in 3 pt shooting) then we have issues that are not going to be solved very quickly. Here is hope that our new FO and head coach will give everyone a chance to compete, to develop and evaluate this team not just on wins and losses (I hope we win) but on what they can contribute. Hezonja deserves that as do all our players. I still think Hezonja, if given a chance, will be a player who helps this team win.

Shams Charania‏Verified account

@ShamsCharania

Following

 More

Free agent guard Marcus Georges-Hunt has agreed to a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources tell The Vertical.

"Magic guard Dennis Smith Jr signed a lucrative deal with Under Armour"

This is the notification I got on my phone 30 minutes ago from the Yahoo Sport app.

I think Yahoo is into something.

This is the notification I got on my phone 30 minutes ago from the Yahoo Sport app.

Yeah that was pouring salt in the wound

God I wish

God I wish

Payton (Rondo) > >>> Smith Jr. (Jordan)

Payton is the hero we need. Smith Jr. is the hero we don't deserve. We will be ok. We need a Rondo type player. Michael Jordan is way over-rated. That's old school basketball. MJ wouldn't last in the new NBA. He'd sink like his son, Caron Butler.

Payton is the hero we need. Smith Jr. is the hero we don't deserve. We will be ok. We need a Rondo type player. Michael Jordan is way over-rated. That's old school basketball. MJ wouldn't last in the new NBA. He'd sink like his son, Caron Butler.

you've kinda jumped the shark. gotta rebrand.

you've kinda jumped the shark. gotta rebrand.

That's fine, but the new NBA is team basketball, not solo star basketball. Plus, I just revealed that Caron Butler is MJ's son. That's big news.

Look, if Payton can build on from the 2nd half of last season, and he's engaged on both ends consistently,

I think he's our best player simply because we've put some guys around him that can d up and shoot.

That doesn't mean Smith isn't going to ball though. The NBA may have changed but history does repeat itself and really it all comes down to how you build around your talent.

Build around Smith correctly, you got yourself a helluva squad.

That's fine, but the new NBA is team basketball, not solo star basketball. Plus, I just revealed that Caron Butler is MJ's son. That's big news.

Jordan kinda transcends that.

The Lando‏

@TheLando__

Follow

Evan Fournier finishes with 24 points (4/5 3PT) in 26 minutes for France in a EuroBasket Preparation game vs Croatia

The Lando‏

@TheLando__

Follow

Evan Fournier finishes with 24 points (4/5 3PT) in 26 minutes for France in a EuroBasket Preparation game vs Croatia

His stock is at an all time high. Trade him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!