Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

A number of folks have said basically what Air Gordon said above, which is that the players we've got, with possibly only a minor change or two, will likely be the group we start the season with. Which leads to my second question: We appear to have a bit of a logjam at the 2/3 currently with more people expecting to get time than we have time to give. Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo, Hezonja, and Iwundu, and even possibly Isaac unless we think Gordon and Isaac will never play together. Even if Iwundu never sees the floor, it's still going to be difficult finding PT for 5-6 guys in two positions, unless we plan to use an 11 man rotation. And we also have a similar problem at PF, with Gordon, Speights and Isaac. Other than Iwundu, I don't think any of the names I listed above are going to be happy with very limited minutes.

How do we handle that issue?

We are in a position to make a trade while keeping a functional team. I expect we will see a trade by the tradeline if not by the start of the season.

I think we'll make moves at the trade deadline. Barring some unforeseen situation where we suddenly are in playoff positioning, the 50 or so games before the deadline should provide ample evidence for the team to make moves in whatever direction they choose to go.

A number of folks have said basically what Air Gordon said above, which is that the players we've got, with possibly only a minor change or two, will likely be the group we start the season with. Which leads to my second question: We appear to have a bit of a logjam at the 2/3 currently with more people expecting to get time than we have time to give. Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo, Hezonja, and Iwundu, and even possibly Isaac unless we think Gordon and Isaac will never play together. Even if Iwundu never sees the floor, it's still going to be difficult finding PT for 5-6 guys in two positions, unless we plan to use an 11 man rotation. And we also have a similar problem at PF, with Gordon, Speights and Isaac. Other than Iwundu, I don't think any of the names I listed above are going to be happy with very limited minutes.

How do we handle that issue?

I imagine no minutes for Iwundu and very limited for Mario and Afflalo. I think our main rotation at the 2/3 is Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Isaac, but as was said above me, we also have pieces to make moves. Also, don't see Speights playing a lot of 4.

Aren't you a little old to be trolling athletes on social media?

If constructive criticism is trolling then sure.

Get some thick skin. PC generation strikes again.

#Triggered

Never understood this. I guess venting?

It wasn't even a bad comment. He was just calling out fans for everything. He's a baby.

It wasn't even a bad comment. He was just calling out fans for everything. He's a baby.

He basically is a baby maturity wise. He has been in basketball professionally since he was what. 16 or less. Been coddled ever since. Never had to go through what most people do in high school and college i.e. Ridicule harassment and worse. He may never mature fully like Dwight or lavar ball.

If constructive criticism is trolling then sure.

Get some thick skin. PC generation strikes again.

#Triggered

Yeah, if there's one thing people love its other people with no experience telling them how to do their job. That was a staple of old America before PC culture got in the way.

Calling out fans who's calling him out a baby?

I'm all for non PC. People know I can get PIC but some of these no pc supporters are just as if not more of a baby than the ones their blasting.

Plus it seems like they can't recognize the difference between no pc and just being a dick.

Also to add what P4TW said, and it's what bugs me about social media, everyone is a pro and has all knowledge now. Because one has observed but never experienced, they still believe they got this out worldly knowledge. You don't think his coach is offering constructive criticism?

Biyombo a minus 23 at the World vs. Africa game this weekend. I hope he breaks out this season. One of our best lineups last season was when he would be surrounded by 4 shooters.

His free throw shooting is horrible and his form has not changed. Touch of a freight train. He is what he is. No breaking out unless you consider breaking out to another team in the equation.

His free throw shooting is horrible and his form has not changed. Touch of a freight train. He is what he is. No breaking out unless you consider breaking out to another team in the equation.

Biyombo will continue to suck if we continue to hand him the ball 12 feet from the basket and ask him to execute Vucevic type passing and run him with a point guard who is terrible at pick and rolls.