Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

The Sixers are in such a better position than us going forward. The only thing that could balance that out a bit is recurring injuries to Embiid and Simmons (which wouldn't be their franchises fault). I don't rate Saric that much but he wasn't even included in the 3 players above (Embiid, Simmons, Fultz) and he was argued about whether we would trade him for the first player listed in our 3 best potential players.

Why? He's not really good at anything and he's owed pretty big money for production that you can find at much less money

Never mind, I didn't realize he was getting paid that much.

The Sixers are in such a better position than us going forward. The only thing that could balance that out a bit is recurring injuries to Embiid and Simmons (which wouldn't be their franchises fault). I don't rate Saric that much but he wasn't even included in the 3 players above (Embiid, Simmons, Fultz) and he was argued about whether we would trade him for the first player listed in our 3 best potential players.

Correct

You have a GREAT point!!!! There's no proof to the idea that Philly tanked better than we did!!! We are all even stevens right now. Both teams still at the bottom of the barrell. I like our position. I like our vision, especially with what new management is doing to augment what Henny did. Everything Henny did was not crap. If Vuc, Gordon, and Payton break out this year, and Fournier becomes an all star, would we still despise him so much???

What a post. It's certainly true that when you're at the bottom the only way you can go is up. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by our vision. New management is trying to fix what Henny did by undoing most of it, but it will take them more than one year. The odds of Vuc "breaking out" (other than acne) and Fournier becoming an all-star have got to less than one in a thousand. Would not want to count on those highly unlikely events to be the way this team improves. +1 on the flying pig graphic from the previous page.

Ian Clark to the Pelicans on a 1 year deal. Would've really loved to get him

I honestly have no real way to judge him. He didn't play much for golden state and when he did play he looked like a competent role player.

10 of his top 11 highest scoring games last year occurred in huge blowouts.

I have no idea if he's a hidden gem or overrated.