Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Trying to figure out why we waived Georges-Hunt, but still have Garino on the roster? Huh? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Maybe he wants an opportunity to latch on somewhere else since we have 17 wings, while Garino was bad in SL and has less interest elsewhere

Trying to figure out why we waived Georges-Hunt, but still have Garino on the roster? Huh? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

My only guess is Garino can play 2/3 while Georges-Hunt can only play 2. More versatility?

My only guess is Garino can play 2/3 while Georges-Hunt can only play 2. More versatility?

He is going to get waived as well. The reason why George Hunt was waived first is that he likely had other offers on the table and wanted to take advantage of those.

Here's Fournier's summer basketball schedule

vs Tunisia on August 5th

Croatia august 8th

Lithuania august 10th

Lithuania august 15th

Belgium august 18th

Montenegro august 19th

Italy august 20th

Germany august 27th

Then Eurobasket starts August 31st.

Any tv or websites for these games? Is vuc playing?

Any tv or websites for these games? Is vuc playing?

doubt it.

eurobasket will probably have a stream or something.

vuc is playing. Montenegro has fewer games scheduled.

Eventhough I agree with most of what you have stated, one thing that I disagree completely is the Philadelphia Statement.

A lot of people here think that Philadelphia has been doing great with their desicion to tand and should be a franchise to follow in how to build for the future.

Well... I am not one of them.

The Sixers are and has been a dissapointment for years! They have make the playoff only 4 times since 2005 and all but one has been first round exist.

Lets look are their draft history to further prove my point.

Over the past 10 years this has been their first round picks:

2006: Thabous Sefolosha

2007: Thadeus Young

Daequan Cook

2008: Maureese Speights

2009: Jruey Holiday

2010: Evan Turner

2011: LavoyAllen

Nic Vucevic

2012: Maurice Harkless

Justin Hamilton

2013: MCW

Glenn Rice

Pierre Jackson

They Also Traded Holiday for Noel this year.

2014: Joel Embid

KJ Mcdaniels

Payton( traded for Saric)

Jeremy Grant

2015: Okafor

Willie Hernangomez

Richaun Holmes

JP Tokoto

Artura Gudaitis

Luka Mitrovic

2016: Ben Simmons

Timothy Luwawu

Korkmaz

2017: Fultz

So looking at their picks it seems as they dont keep their selections for long. We all know that they are trying to trade Okafor hard without much success. In retrospect after all of thetanking they have done and all of the first round selections in the past 10 years, they only have Embidd, Okafor, Simmons and Fultz.

Embid is a mistery at the moment and likely will not be playing for long due to injuries. Okafor is also expected to hit the market soon and I am not sure if Phily will offer him any decent money. I will not be surprise if they do with him what they did with Noel.

Simmons and Fultz are both rookies and eventhough they look promising, I am not sure if they are going to be stars in this league. They will need to develop.

My point is that they dont keep their selections for long even their draft selections has been really good over the years. It seems as this is a team who will be forever relying on their picks and not in the free agency.

I rather be the Magic, to be honest. At least we are trying to get decent talent throughout the free agency market and I do think we are more talented that the Sixers at the moment.

You have a GREAT point!!!! There's no proof to the idea that Philly tanked better than we did!!! We are all even stevens right now. Both teams still at the bottom of the barrell. I like our position. I like our vision, especially with what new management is doing to augment what Henny did. Everything Henny did was not crap. If Vuc, Gordon, and Payton break out this year, and Fournier becomes an all star, would we still despise him so much???

Lakers are trying to trade Jordan Clarkson for cap space. I would love to add him if we could figure out some kind of trade.

I would love to add him

Why? He's not really good at anything and he's owed pretty big money for production that you can find at much less money

You have a GREAT point!!!! There's no proof to the idea that Philly tanked better than we did!!! We are all even stevens right now. Both teams still at the bottom of the barrell. I like our position. I like our vision, especially with what new management is doing to augment what Henny did. Everything Henny did was not crap. If Vuc, Gordon, and Payton break out this year, and Fournier becomes an all star, would we still despise him so much???

is this sarcasm