Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Orlando Magic released new promo stuff on their facebook page and it features Payton. I think this new management is building around Gordon/Payton.

Yup. That's why we got 3-D type guys.

Ok, I like that lineup too. It will probably materialize to that since Simmons is hungry for it. I kinda like it:

Vuc

Gordon

Simmons

Fournier

Payton

Biyombo

Speights/Isaac

Hezonja (I still have high hopes for him)/Isaac

Afflalo

Mack

Ross is missing and he'll definitely be getting minutes.

Minnesota doesn't need a scorer better than wiggins. they have jimmy butler and towns. they need someone who can play off butler.

Irving can play off Butler

I don't think Minnesota has a good offer.

1. why include wiggins? you have wiggins and Teague already. You have Jimmy Butler and towns. you don't need a guy taking over the offense like kyrie. plus you cant do wiggins for kyrie straight up. you're going to have to include cole Aldrich if it's just kyrie or Gorgui Dieng if Cleveland is adding any more salary. not sure that's a positive move.

2. Wiggins is a nice piece. but wiggins becomes a less nice piece once you're signing him to that extension. I think Cleveland would prefer a guy on a rookie contract.

3. wiggins hasn't really shown to be a win now piece yet.

that's why phoenix has the best potential offer. you're giving them a good scoring/defense win now piece in Bledsoe who's locked up to 2/29.5 and a rookie.

Minnesota doesn't need offense- they have 4 good offensive players in KAT, Butler, Wiggins, and Teague. Their main issue is defense. Butler is a good defensive player. Dieng is a good defensive player, but he likely won't get that many minutes. Teague is ok. Gibson has been good in the past.

The issue is that their star center, KAT is only average defensively right now, which he must improve, and Wiggins is bad defensively. However, replacing Lavine with Butler should help a lot. I think they could be a top five offense as constructed, the question is, can they be an average defensive team?

Kyrie doesn't help them in that respect.

Irving can play off Butler

They already had a top 10 offense last season. They don't need Irving.

Right now they have a line-up where Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Gibson?-KAT will be getting most of the minutes. Trading Wiggins for Irving only makes sense if you ignore their roster construction. Irving is better than Wiggins, and he is better than Teague, but he isn't so much better that Irving-Butler-?-Gibson?-KAT is better than their current main line-up going into the season.

They already had a top 10 offense last season. They don't need Irving.

Right now they have a line-up where Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Gibson?-KAT will be getting most of the minutes. Trading Wiggins for Irving only makes sense if you ignore their roster construction. Irving is better than Wiggins, and he is better than Teague, but he isn't so much better that Irving-Butler-?-Gibson?-KAT is better than their current main line-up going into the season.

Can always improve that Top10 to Top5.

Irving is a better distributor so that helps. Add a better defensive player or a 3-D into that lineup and the potential to be a playoff team increases imo.

Orlando Magic released new promo stuff on their facebook page and it features Payton. I think this new management is building around Gordon/Payton.

I wouldn't connect those dots based on a promotional video. You have to feature someone. It makes sense to be the 2 guys entrenched in the starting lineup for now.

Can always improve that Top10 to Top5.

Irving is a better distributor so that helps. Add a better defensive player or a 3-D into that lineup and the potential to be a playoff team increases imo.

? Teague has a higher assist % than Irving. Irving is not much of a distributor for a pg.

? Teague has a higher assist % than Irving. Irving is not much of a distributor for a pg.

Doesn't help that Lebron plays point-forward for them; and part of the reason of why he wants to branch out to spread his wings on his own team.

I meant compared to Wiggins.

I really didn't bring up Minny because I think they will in fact get him. I brought them up to say their players have more value than the ones we would probably offer.

I meant compared to Wiggins.

I really didn't bring up Minny because I think they will in fact get him. I brought them up to say their players have more value than the ones we would probably offer.

Sure, but it doesn't matter if they aren't going to place a bid.

Golden State can also offer much better players than we can, but they won't because there is no point.

Sure, but it doesn't matter if they aren't going to place a bid.

Golden State can also offer much better players than we can, but they won't because there is no point.

GS won't because they're the champs with a pretty good offensive minded pg.