Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Nah. 15/7 is pretty damn realistic.

I don't think 17/8 is absurd either I just don't think it will be quite that high.

I say 15/7 but I could see slightly better.

Huh?

That's a near 3ppg scoring increase and what would be solid rebounding numbers from a hybrid PF.

What do you think he'll average?

He averaged 16.4 PPG and 6.3 rebounds post all star break.

We'll hate is in your id. Lol. I am not an ag nut hugger !! He has his flaws but he is not as raw as you think he is. In his 3rd year he should be ready to make a jump.

4th year*

Improvement isn't usually linear. He'll have a good month and a bad month and April or something he'll average 20/10 and we'll have this same argument this time next year

15/7 is the most realistic number post here ...all else is fan boy crap

You're always coming behind hehateme echoing his statements. Except with less substance.

Who's the fanboy?

Do you guys think if we make the playoffs once or twice but ultimately (and inevitably) find out that we have no game changing stars on this team as they enter their primes... that this management will be granted the ability to or would even want to scrap the whole thing and try for another draft star?

My fears as a fan are the doldrums of mediocrity that Milwaukee puts up with (well maybe they don't, I don't know). We have spoiled fans, I know. Penny was one of the figures that turned me from a kid with no interest in sports to a basketball obsessive. So I guess I'm one of them. I can wait, but only if I'm waiting for something substantial.

I was good with the hire of the new FO but what I've been hoping for all along is the tenure and longlasting nature of what the Spurs have as an organisation. Does anyone else wonder if the vibe of the guys we are hoping turns our beloved team around will stick around for the long haul? Whether the satisfaction of the playoffs would be job done or not? Milwaukee, Denver and Toronto have always had so little to be happy with, that their middling success in recent times seems like they're satisfied. I'd just hate our favourite team to be stuck in that rut for decades too. I'd stick around but the passion for it would greatly wane...

So you want Otis or Pat Williams back?

I think this management has turned Toronto into a top 4 contender. I think what you're saying above goes without saying. Do you really believe that a GM is doing all of this with the thought of being mediocre? At the end of the day, since Orlando and Boston, the team that has Lebron is the team that made it to the East.

What the new management is doing speaks of "San Antonio" and "Toronto" to me. I mean, it's not like Lebron or Durant is knocking on Milwaukee or Toronto's door.

I agree with you. As a small market, we follow San Antonio's model. It seems to me like Orlando is targeting elite perimeter defense, length, athletic multipositional players. I think they've done the best they can without scrapping what's already there. This is very "San Antonio" to me and not "Miami" or "Boston" like, where a trio of stars was assembled.

I don't think 17/8 is absurd either I just don't think it will be quite that high.

I say 15/7 but I could see slightly better.

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Afflalo

Payton

If Payton shoots 35% from the 3, I tell you, a floor spread with high quality shooters and AG can score 20 PPG.

Improvement isn't usually linear. He'll have a good month and a bad month and April or something he'll average 20/10 and we'll have this same argument this time next year

His and EPs growth have been linear, we have just hoped for exponential

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Afflalo

Payton

If Payton shoots 35% from the 3, I tell you, a floor spread with high quality shooters and AG can score 20 PPG.

We have none of this.

You're always coming behind hehateme echoing his statements. Except with less substance.

Who's the fanboy?

To be fair, this is what 3/4's the forum does when P4TW posts something.

It makes sense that if you agree with what someone posts you would piggyback off it. I do it all the time.