Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

From Realgm

"There were approximately 20 teams who made inquiries to the Cleveland Cavaliers upon learning of Kyrie Irving's trade requests but far fewer have delivered legitimate proposals.

The San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Miami Heat have made offers to the Cavaliers for Irving.

The Cavaliers are seeking a package similar to what the Denver Nuggets received for Carmelo Anthony in 2011. Denver acquired a combination of young players, win-now veterans and draft picks. Rival teams are instead looking at what the Wolves gave up for Jimmy Butler."

What could the spurs clippers or Knicks really offer?

Unless they're letting go of Aldridge or Griffin I don't see how they have very good packages.

you know what, the east is pretty bad.

Boston, Cleveland, and Toronto are untouchable.

Washington is due for a collapse. Beal played 77 games last year. odds are he misses 30 this year. What happens if porter falls back down to earth. Gortat is almost 34. his play might fall off a cliff. Their backup 2 is meeks. They could be playing Oubre and Satoransky big minutes for months. There's too much here that signals collapse.

The Heat were 4-14 while they were trying to develop Winslow's offense and only played well once they ceded the team to the vets. What happens when they go back to developing him?

Charlotte thinks they're going to play Zeller and Dwight at the same time.

Atlanta is gonna be bad

Chicago is gonna be bad

Brooklyn is gonna be bad

New York is currently counting on starting point guard Ron Baker and ostensibly starting center Kyle O'Quinn.

I think Philly's most likely thing is pulling a Minnesota. Great on paper. sucks early. flashes late.

Indiana's projected starters are collision-oladipo-bogdanovic-young-turner.

That leaves Detroit and Milwaukee.

Is this the worst the east has ever been?

we'll never be able to beat a Bledsoe-Jackson trade for kyrie based on the things Cleveland wants.

Biz-AG for Kyrie, but we probably aren't interested in giving up AG. In fact, we are probably building around AG.

Milwaukee I have a hard time projecting. because they have a lot of weird pieces.

and if you were going to rank their talent plus our talent with only a focus on this season it'd go something like this, right?

giannis

middleton

Fournier

Gordon

payton

ross

simmons?

Monroe/vucevic tied

Henson/biyombo tied

brogdon

snell

or simmons here?

Thon?

mack

delly

What about a Payton, Fournier, Vucevic, and draft picks package?

Sure that's what we offered which is why a deal hasn't gone down.

They want AG or at least Isaac.

Milwaukee I have a hard time projecting. because they have a lot of weird pieces.

and if you were going to rank their talent plus our talent with only a focus on this season it'd go something like this, right?

giannis

middleton

Fournier

Gordon

payton

ross

simmons?

Monroe/vucevic tied

Henson/biyombo tied

brogdon

snell

or simmons here?

Thon?

mack

delly

I honestly think we are a top 6 team in the East this season with this current squad. Or defo could be.

• Upvote 1

Sure that's what we offered which is why a deal hasn't gone down.

They want AG or at least Isaac.

I've said that since day one.

A deal starts with one of them.

I've said that since day one.

A deal starts with one of them.

If so then I probably wouldn't do it. I'd say offer Payton, Fournier, Biyombo, Hezonja, and the Thunder's first rounder we acquired. If they don't take it then move on.

I honestly think we are a top 6 team in the East this season with this current squad. Or with defo could be.

Honestly, I think everything depends on EP.