Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

That is a top 6 squad in the East in my opinion. No I am not joking either

How? Because the bench is better? That doesn't make us a top 6 team quite yet to me. The team is still filled with plenty of issues and question marks. The bench is vastly improved but are we better then:

Cavs

Raptors

Wizards

Celtics

No way.

Bucks

Heat

Hornets

Probably not.

Pistons

Pacers

Sixers

Possibly.

I think we could push for an 8, MAYBE 7, assuming everyone under 24 takes a big step forward. And that's really only because the East is so terrible.

How? Because the bench is better? That doesn't make us a top 6 team quite yet to me. The team is still filled with plenty of issues and question marks. The bench is vastly improved but are we better then:

Cavs

Raptors

Wizards

Celtics

No way.

Bucks

Heat

Hornets

Probably not.

Pistons

Pacers

Sixers

Possibly.

I think we could push for an 8, MAYBE 7, assuming everyone under 24 takes a big step forward. And that's really only because the East is so terrible.

Yeah I agree. There is no way we've jumped into the top 6. Maybe top 10?

Top Tier: Celtics/Cavs/Raptors/Wizards

Middle Tier: Bucks/Heat/Hornets/76ers

Bottom Tier: Pistons/Hawks/Bulls/Pacers/Knicks/Nets

I think the Magic are in the top part of that Bottom Tier. I think we will be floating around 7-11 most of the year. The Hawks/Knicks/Nets/Pacers are probably going to be in the bottom 4. The Magic/Hornets/76ers/Heat/Pistons are probably going to be battling for those final few playoff spots.

The bad news is that the East is totally depleted of star power and the balance, I dont think has ever been stronger on the West than it is right now.

The good news is that like 3-4 other teams are just now starting their rebuilds and while we may have just made FO changes, we at least have some pieces in place so we aren't starting with nothing.

The bad news is that the team still lacks an identity or center piece to build around and have a bad rep with the rest of the NBA, so free agents don't want come here.

The good news...we aren't the Knicks or Nets. So we have that going for us.

Yeah I agree. There is no way we've jumped into the top 6. Maybe top 10?

Top Tier: Celtics/Cavs/Raptors/Wizards

Middle Tier: Bucks/Heat/Hornets/76ers

Bottom Tier: Pistons/Hawks/Bulls/Pacers/Knicks/Nets

I think the Magic are in the top part of that Bottom Tier. I think we will be floating around 7-11 most of the year. The Hawks/Knicks/Nets/Pacers are probably going to be in the bottom 4. The Magic/Hornets/76ers/Heat/Pistons are probably going to be battling for those final few playoff spots.

The bad news is that the East is totally depleted of star power and the balance, I dont think has ever been stronger on the West than it is right now.

The good news is that like 3-4 other teams are just now starting their rebuilds and while we may have just made FO changes, we at least have some pieces in place so we aren't starting with nothing.

The bad news is that the team still lacks an identity or center piece to build around and have a bad rep with the rest of the NBA, so free agents don't want come here.

The good news...we aren't the Knicks or Nets. So we have that going for us.

I disagree a bit. I think guaranteed playoffs spots go to the Cavs, Celtics, Wizards, Raptors, and Bucks. I think 6-8 are up for grabs.

Do you guys think if we make the playoffs once or twice but ultimately (and inevitably) find out that we have no game changing stars on this team as they enter their primes... that this management will be granted the ability to or would even want to scrap the whole thing and try for another draft star?

My fears as a fan are the doldrums of mediocrity that Milwaukee puts up with (well maybe they don't, I don't know). We have spoiled fans, I know. Penny was one of the figures that turned me from a kid with no interest in sports to a basketball obsessive. So I guess I'm one of them. I can wait, but only if I'm waiting for something substantial.

I was good with the hire of the new FO but what I've been hoping for all along is the tenure and longlasting nature of what the Spurs have as an organisation. Does anyone else wonder if the vibe of the guys we are hoping turns our beloved team around will stick around for the long haul? Whether the satisfaction of the playoffs would be job done or not? Milwaukee, Denver and Toronto have always had so little to be happy with, that their middling success in recent times seems like they're satisfied. I'd just hate our favourite team to be stuck in that rut for decades too. I'd stick around but the passion for it would greatly wane...

Cavs

Raptors

Wizards

Celtics

No way.

Bucks

Heat

Hornets

Probably not.

Pistons

Pacers

Sixers

Possibly.

Exactly that yep. Our bench is really really solid now. I just know AG will become a star in the league. I expect vast improvement from him. EP will be better also. Continuity is going to be a big thing for him. Obviously this is all just opinions but I really am confident in this team. I'd say we have a top 3-4 bench in the East now maybe higher. We are better than the Pacers and Heat and the Bucks. Just watch.

Do you guys think if we make the playoffs once or twice but ultimately (and inevitably) find out that we have no game changing stars on this team as they enter their primes... that this management will be granted the ability to or would even want to scrap the whole thing and try for another draft star?

My fears as a fan are the doldrums of mediocrity that Milwaukee puts up with (well maybe they don't, I don't know). We have spoiled fans, I know. Penny was one of the figures that turned me from a kid with no interest in sports to a basketball obsessive. So I guess I'm one of them. I can wait, but only if I'm waiting for something substantial.

I was good with the hire of the new FO but what I've been hoping for all along is the tenure and longlasting nature of what the Spurs have as an organisation. Does anyone else wonder if the vibe of the guys we are hoping turns our beloved team around will stick around for the long haul? Whether the satisfaction of the playoffs would be job done or not? Milwaukee, Denver and Toronto have always had so little to be happy with, that their middling success in recent times seems like they're satisfied. I'd just hate our favourite team to be stuck in that rut for decades too. I'd stick around but the passion for it would greatly wane...

Great post. I do not know, though Milwaukee now has a top 10 talent (GA) that they didn't acquire through tanking.

We ain't winning this year. We just need a culture change and cap flexibility. A couple foundational pieces would be nice.

From Realgm

"There were approximately 20 teams who made inquiries to the Cleveland Cavaliers upon learning of Kyrie Irving's trade requests but far fewer have delivered legitimate proposals.

The San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Miami Heat have made offers to the Cavaliers for Irving.

The Cavaliers are seeking a package similar to what the Denver Nuggets received for Carmelo Anthony in 2011. Denver acquired a combination of young players, win-now veterans and draft picks. Rival teams are instead looking at what the Wolves gave up for Jimmy Butler."