Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

No, and that's why that deal isn't happening.

Would you rather have Wiggins and Teague or Irving?

I'll take Wiggins and Teague every time. Teague isn't great but I like him and you can win with him. I would not be comfortable trading Wiggins at all.

plus they already have butler and Towns too. its not like they're desperate for an offensive playmaker. They were a top 10 offensive team last year. just sucked at defense.

A. They have nothing else to offer

B. He would be 4th scoring option behind KAT, Butler, and Kyrie and doesnt do anything else on the court as of now

I guess what I should have said is they're not trading Wiggins

Kyrie is wishful thinking. I would take the chance on him though if we could, we aren't going to be in a position to draft someone as good as him and if we trade one/both of Gordon/Payton then the concerns of their next contracts are no longer an issue. I just don't see it going down.

Ken Blaze/USA TODAY Sports

The Magic are an intriguing destination for several reasons. They have very little in the way of offensive skill on the roster, but they could hold onto an elite defensive core even with a reasonable trade offer. They have a decent point guard — Elfrid Payton, who had a very strong second half — and enough other assets to get a deal done. The Cavaliers likely would want either Aaron Gordon or Jonathan Isaac and either Bismack Biyombo or Nikola Vucevic, but the Magic might be able to get away with only giving up Payton, one of the centers and a pick or another young player (Mario Hezonja?). If that works out, this roster makes a lot more sense with a player like Irving running the offense.

So Irving on the Magic could be like Rose on the Bulls? This is just a face value comparison, but it seems like the best comparison... maybe AI's Sixers?

Basically. Boston with IT is another example. Let him go for 30ppg and have the other 4 defend at a high level and hit open shots.

Basically. Boston with IT is another example. Let him go for 30ppg and have the other 4 defend at a high level and hit open shots.

Irving gives you a reason to go to the game. Period. I enjoyed going to the Orena when Tmac was dropping over 30 a game. Win or lose it was entertaining and at the end of the day basketball is a game that I watch for entertainment.

Having said that, if we don't have to blow up the whole team for Kyrie--we're clearly a playoff team with him. So there would at least be that.