Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Good point. We're no longer suffering from a case of the Henny

Hennigan spent 4 years signing E'twaun Moore, Ronnie Price, Jason Maxiel, Dedmon, Willie Green, Ben Gordon, Frye, Watson, and Jason Smith for minimum to responsible level contracts. Skiles quit alleging issues with communication (i.e. roster management). Martins demanded win now moves then we spent like the money was burning holes in our pockets.

If anything, the majority of his tenure Hennigan was too frugal with our money and didn't take big enough swings. Last years moves scream building a roster based on Vogel's input as an overcorrecting measure and acting out of desperation based on a win now mandate.

Hennigan spent 4 years signing E'twaun Moore, Ronnie Price, Jason Maxiel, Dedmon, Willie Green, Ben Gordon, Frye, Watson, and Jason Smith for minimum to responsible level contracts. Skiles quit alleging issues with communication (i.e. roster management). Martins demanded win now moves then we spent like the money was burning holes in our pockets.

If anything, the majority of his tenure Hennigan was too frugal with our money and didn't take big enough swings. Last years moves scream building a roster based on Vogel's input as an overcorrecting measure and acting out of desperation based on a win now mandate.

All those moves last year were Vogel moves. From the dipo trade to the Biz signing. Rob took the blame for that which all GM's do but I refuse to believe he would have made those signings based on his previous 4 years unless his hands were tired--which they were.

Vogel wants those traditional lineups which was contradicting to the roster rob was trying to build.

All those moves last year were Vogel moves. From the dipo trade to the Biz signing. Rob took the blame for that which all GM's do but I refuse to believe he would have made those signings based on his previous 4 years unless his hands were tired--which they were.

Vogel wants those traditional lineups which was contradicting to the roster rob was trying to build.

I just hope he got it out of his system.

Also, just to add something I forgot, I do think there's evidence to suggest Rob was the one pushing Gordon to be a 3. Why go so hard after Millsap if not?

Hennigan did a good job collecting unknowns with potential and an okay job signing free agents. His problem was making trades for known quantities. He couldn't get good value for the assets he collected when it came time to cash in. That's my assessment.

I just hope he got it out of his system.

Also, just to add something I forgot, I do think there's evidence to suggest Rob was the one pushing Gordon to be a 3. Why go so hard after Millsap if not?

It could be both/and. AG was a project when we went after Milsap. Vogel likes playing big and we had too many to make room for AG at the 4 after the Biz/Ibaka offseason.

Hennigan did a good job collecting unknowns with potential and an okay job signing free agents. His problem was making trades for known quantities. He couldn't get good value for the assets he collected when it came time to cash in. That's my assessment.

and he didn't maximize the assets that no longer fit our plans. Other rebuilding GMs would have let Harkless rot on the bench and leave through free agency before giving him away. It'd be bad for Harkless but maybe he could have been a throw in to something later in the year. Same with O'Quinn. Same with Frye. Hennigan took an approach of (X) doesn't fit our plans so I should dump him. He should have had more of a mindset that we don't like this player but someone else might.

I don't think Dipo for Ibaka was Vogel. He seems stunned, and during an interview shortly after, he said he came to Orl to coach a player like Vic.

Rob was faced with extending Vic for max or keeping Evan for solid deal. He chose Evan and when the opportunity came up for a "unicorn" to place next to Vuc, he jumped at it; hoping Ibaka was the type of vet to lead our guys out of the slums.

I don't think Dipo for Ibaka was Vogel. He seems stunned, and during an interview shortly after, he said he came to Orl to coach a player like Vic.

Rob was faced with extending Vic for max or keeping Evan for solid deal. He chose Evan and when the opportunity came up for a "unicorn" to place next to Vuc, he jumped at it; hoping Ibaka was the type of vet to lead our guys out of the slums.

eh, I think they were targeting Ibaka but Vogel imagined it wouldn't be for Oladipo. We all thought we'd be building a defense around oladipo, Gordon, and a rim protector.

thinking about oladipo...

if he didn't get his extension, what would he get on the market this summer? I guess that depends entirely on if Brooklyn would have made him the player they targeted instead of Porter. He'd either get the tim hardaway deal or the porter deal. that's a big gap.

this seems like a weird choice

Keith Smith‏Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA

Following

 More

The Orlando Magic chose to stretch the $1M cap hit for CJ Watson. $333,334 dead money for 17-18 and $333,333 for both 18-19 and 19-20.

this seems like a weird choice

Keith Smith‏Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA

Following

 More

The Orlando Magic chose to stretch the $1M cap hit for CJ Watson. $333,334 dead money for 17-18 and $333,333 for both 18-19 and 19-20.

Very weird maybe more proof that something big is about to happen