Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I think Irving is a pipe-dream. Just like getting Chris Paul all those years ago, the major difference in that conversation was that we actually had a superstar people were attracted to at the time.

We currently don't have a superstar anyone is attracted to.

I think Gordon can be developed into a guy that could one day be an all-star level talent, but he isn't there yet. However, being an all-star on the East for the next few years will feel totally different than being an all-star on the west.

I think Gordon and Fournier need to be who we build around. Everyone else can go. Both Evan and AG have their flaws but their flaws aren't awful. They're manageable as long as the guys remain coachable. I can see both of them take the next steps to be nice pieces in the machine of a playoff team in the NBA.

Isaac is an interesting guy. I was impressed with him the little I saw him this year, but I could see him become an Aldridge/Gasol/Love/R. Lewis type player. A big man who can spread the floor and get you rebounds. The thing that you notice immediately is his length and from the videos I've seen him in, seems like he flows naturally on defense. Biyombo/Isaac/Gordon could be a pretty lethal defensive big man combination.

With the right coaching, Gordon/Fournier/Isaac could develop into nice pieces for the Magic. However, they still need that superstar. They need a FO and coaching staff that can sell a vision that is appealing to a major player. I'm not entirely sure who that player might be.

Maybe the Magic can make a trade for a player who is at the end of their contract for one team and they don't think he will re-up so they rent him for the second half of the season and then try to convince him to recruit another stellar player to join him in Magic Blue?

Maybe a trade like this --> LINK

Vucevic needs to go in my opinion. I've read the reasons why people want to keep him and why it is difficult to move him right now, but hopefully we can find something that can work.

Or maybe the Magic hold onto their cards and trust their coaches to develop and their offseason moves to pan out.

Most of the lists I've seen have both Payton and Gordon being top talent players under 25. Who knows, maybe they figure this thing out and Payton, Gordon, Isaac, and Hezonja become the type of players we hope they will become.

I feel like a lot of that is his fault for the nick young incident.

Maybe. It just seemed like LA never liked him. Like the second after they drafted him they were like "wait, why did we just do that". Byron Scott hated him. His rookie year was the Kobe fairwell tour. Just strange.

Nick young incident didn't help him but at the end of the day it was just a young dumb mistake where somehow the guy cheating on his girl became the victim in the public'a eyes.

Maybe. It just seemed like LA never liked him. Like the second after they drafted him they were like "wait, why did we just do that". Byron Scott hated him. His rookie year was the Kobe fairwell tour. Just strange.

Nick young incident didn't help him but at the end of the day it was just a young dumb mistake where somehow the guy cheating on his girl became the victim in the public'a eyes.

yeah, I forgot about the kobe farewell tour. that was really bad for him.

eh, bulls still have old man wade.

you might be right about Atlanta.

Ball-KCP-ingram-randle-lopez is a pretty good bad team.

forgot about KCP. but I'm not expecting much from rookie Ball. 2nd year Ingram (was not good at all) is a mystery. Lakers have better projected talent, but we'll see how they do. Still a maybe in my eyes over Nets.

yeah, Bulls still have Wade but I doubt he's there past Feb. they'll be 10-games under .500 by feb with Wade, then sink without him.

Bismack Biyombo 17,000,000

Evan Fournier 17,000,000

Nikola Vucevic 12,250,000

Terrence Ross 10,500,000

DJ Augustin 7,250,000

Jonathon Simmons 6,300,000

Shelvin Mack 6,000,000

Aaron Gordon 5,504,419

Jonathan Isaac 4,186,320

Mario Hezonja 4,078,320

Elfrid Payton 3,332,340

Patricio Garino 1,312,611

Marcus Georges-Hunt 1,312,611

CJ Watson 1,000,000

Total: 97,026,621

Cap: 98,750,927

Remaining: $1,724,306

So someone explain this to me, if we waive/cut Georges-Hunt and Garino, does that 2.6 mil and change free up?

Then we would have around 4.3 mil to spend on free agents if we choose?

The money side of things always confuses me, just trying to get a better grip on how much we have to spend.

Bismack Biyombo 17,000,000

Evan Fournier 17,000,000

Nikola Vucevic 12,250,000

Terrence Ross 10,500,000

DJ Augustin 7,250,000

Jonathon Simmons 6,300,000

Shelvin Mack 6,000,000

Aaron Gordon 5,504,419

Jonathan Isaac 4,186,320

Mario Hezonja 4,078,320

Elfrid Payton 3,332,340

Patricio Garino 1,312,611

Marcus Georges-Hunt 1,312,611

CJ Watson 1,000,000

Total: 97,026,621

Cap: 98,750,927

Remaining: $1,724,306

So someone explain this to me, if we waive/cut Georges-Hunt and Garino, does that 2.6 mil and change free up?

Then we would have around 4.3 mil to spend on free agents if we choose?

The money side of things always confuses me, just trying to get a better grip on how much we have to spend.

yes.

we also have the room exception which is another 4.3 million.

IS KYRIE IRVING'S INJURIES A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

Cav's Nation

by Rob Parks

September 6, 2015

"Irving has been plagued with injuries throughout his NBA career. It’s virtually impossible to go through one season, let alone an entire NBA career, without sustaining any major injuries. Things happen and players get hurt. While injuries are a part of basketball, there is definitely some cause for concern when it comes down to Irving and his injury history."(September 6, 2015 - Date of article)

R74HBf.jpg

"From a broken bone in both hands to injuries on either or both feet, Kyrie Irving has already dealt with enough injuries for a 15-year NBA veteran."

https://cavsnation.com/is-kyrie-irvings-injury-history-a-cause-for-concern/

KYRIE IRVING'S OTHER CAREER INJURIES

2013-2017

AGE 25 (6 Years Experience)

DATE___________ DESCRIPTION_____________CAV'S RECORD

__________________________________________51 -31 (2016-2017)

04/10/2017______ Left Knee Tendinitis______

02/04/2017______ Sore Right Quad

12/31/2016______ Right Hamstring

__________________________________________57 - 25 (2015-2016)

04/03/2016______ Sore Ankle

10/01/2015______ Knee Surgery

__________________________________________53 - 29 (2014-2015)

06/05/2015______ Fractured Left Knee Cap

05/22/2015______ Left Knee Tendonitis

02/27/2015______ Left Shoulder Strain

01/21/2015______ Illness

01/04/2015______ Lower Back Tightness

12/28/2014______ Left Knee Contusion

12/11/2014______ Left Game- Left Knee Injury

__________________________________________33 - 49 (2013-2014)

03/16/2014______ Left Biceps

01/02/2014______ Sore Knee

12/20/2013______ Flu

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/kyrie-irving-player-injuries

• Upvote 1

yes.

we also have the room exception which is another 4.3 million.

Knowing what you know now about our roster, how it is filling out. How would you like to see that 8 mil spent?

Payton/Mack/DJ

Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu

Ross/Hezonja

Gordon/Isaac

Vucevic/Biyombo/Speights

I still think a Alex Poythress, Terrance Jones, Aaron Afflalo, Tony Allen would be a good fit for this team. Afflalo if you want to address the offensive woes and Allen if you want keep going with the defensive grind identity. Terrance Jones and Poythress would both be hustle guys who want to prove themselves.

Wing is set, Afflalo or Allen would only cut into minutes that are already tight.

Think we sit for a bit after Speights and wait for the remaining RFA chips to fall while gauging the trade market.

IS KYRIE IRVING'S INJURIES A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

Cav's Nation

by Rob Parks

September 6, 2015

"Irving has been plagued with injuries throughout his NBA career. It’s virtually impossible to go through one season, let alone an entire NBA career, without sustaining any major injuries. Things happen and players get hurt. While injuries are a part of basketball, there is definitely some cause for concern when it comes down to Irving and his injury history."(September 6, 2015 - Date of article)

R74HBf.jpg

"From a broken bone in both hands to injuries on either or both feet, Kyrie Irving has already dealt with enough injuries for a 15-year NBA veteran."

https://cavsnation.com/is-kyrie-irvings-injury-history-a-cause-for-concern/

KYRIE IRVING'S OTHER CAREER INJURIES

2013-2017

AGE 25 (6 Years Experience)

DATE___________ DESCRIPTION_____________CAV'S RECORD

__________________________________________51 -31 (2016-2017)

04/10/2017______ Left Knee Tendinitis______

02/04/2017______ Sore Right Quad

12/31/2016______ Right Hamstring

__________________________________________57 - 25 (2015-2016)

04/03/2016______ Sore Ankle

10/01/2015______ Knee Surgery

__________________________________________53 - 29 (2014-2015)

06/05/2015______ Fractured Left Knee Cap

05/22/2015______ Left Knee Tendonitis

02/27/2015______ Left Shoulder Strain

01/21/2015______ Illness

01/04/2015______ Lower Back Tightness

12/28/2014______ Left Knee Contusion

12/11/2014______ Left Game- Left Knee Injury

__________________________________________33 - 49 (2013-2014)

03/16/2014______ Left Biceps

01/02/2014______ Sore Knee

12/20/2013______ Flu

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/kyrie-irving-player-injuries

That left knee....wow...

Knowing what you know now about our roster, how it is filling out. How would you like to see that 8 mil spent?

Payton/Mack/DJ

Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu

Ross/Hezonja

Gordon/Isaac

Vucevic/Biyombo/Speights

I still think a Alex Poythress, Terrance Jones, Aaron Afflalo, Tony Allen would be a good fit for this team. Afflalo if you want to address the offensive woes and Allen if you want keep going with the defensive grind identity. Terrance Jones and Poythress would both be hustle guys who want to prove themselves.

assuming we have those 13 contracts we only have 1 spot left. Nba teams don't usually take 15 guys because they'd have to cut a player currently rostered if they want to make a 1 for 2 move and you can't cut a player that's coming to you until he actually fills a roster spot.

so knowing we only have 1 spot left, poythress would be a fine option. Dante Cunningham.

I dunno. there's probably some other option out there.