Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Well.....today is my Birthday so I am looking forward to the Surprise! Kyrie to the Magic news.

Happy Birthday! Don't hold your breath on the Kyrie to the Magic news. Probably not going to happen, unless Gilbert is really p***ed off, and wants to "punish" Kyrie. Oh, maybe we do have a shot of getting him!

Afraid of trading for a player who in 3 seasons had wins of 21, 24, and 33 before the best player in the NBA joined? Afraid of mortgaging the future for a guy who in 3 other seasons played around 50 games and a guy who's probably while shoots a great percentage is horrible at distributing and defense?

Not at all.

How old was he in those years?

Afraid of trading for a player who in 3 seasons had wins of 21, 24, and 33 before the best player in the NBA joined? Afraid of mortgaging the future for a guy who in 3 other seasons played around 50 games and a guy who's probably while shoots a great percentage is horrible at distributing and defense?

Not at all.

Some people just love losing and love justifying losing because they are emotionally attached to players that havent proven anything. Just glad you aren't the GM.

• Upvote 2

How old was he in those years?

Right, because players can't get better and can't learn how to win! Let's not get our first all star since Dwight! Let us not build a team around the all star! Let's keep our crappy team as is!

I mean Magicman28 isn't wrong. Kyrie plays no defense and doesn't really facilitate.

If he didn't do things like hit a three with the game tied with less than a minute left in game 7 of the NBA finals I would have no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he did do that. That's the difference between him and Devin Booker.

I wouldn't want Kyrie if I was a team that was trying to pair him with Derozan, Harden, Blake Griffin or someone that's not great on defense.

I think it'd be hilarious if Phoenix traded for him and tried to run a Irving, Booker, Chriss, Ulis rotation. they might give up 115 a game.

So signing Iwundu

PG - Payton/Mack/DJ

SG - Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu/Georges-Hunt

SF - Ross/Hezonja/Garino

PF - Gordon/Isaac

C - Vucevic/Biyombo/Speights

Gordon (RFA) + Hezonja (TO) + Payton (RFA) + Georges-Hunt + Garino (RFA) + assumedly Speights are all free agents Summer 2018

We still have some work to do. I still think a trade and a few waives are in order. Under Henny, I put my faith in the players we were collecting. I liked the nucleus of Payton/Dipo/Harris/AG and then add Vucevic and Hezonja, things seemed promising. With the current roster, I'm putting my faith in a competent front office and coaching staff. Here's hoping we can either make a little magic happen in trades or we can either go full tank next season or reach the playoffs, no more of this lower-middle ground stuff.

Some people just love losing and love justifying losing because they are emotionally attached to players that havent proven anything. Just glad you aren't the GM.

Sigh

Do you read? At all?

So signing Iwundu

PG - Payton/Mack/DJ

SG - Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu/Georges-Hunt

SF - Ross/Hezonja/Garino

PF - Gordon/Isaac

C - Vucevic/Biyombo/Speights

Gordon (RFA) + Hezonja (TO) + Payton (RFA) + Georges-Hunt + Garino (RFA) + assumedly Speights are all free agents Summer 2018

We still have some work to do. I still think a trade and a few waives are in order. Under Henny, I put my faith in the players we were collecting. I liked the nucleus of Payton/Dipo/Harris/AG and then add Vucevic and Hezonja, things seemed promising. With the current roster, I'm putting my faith in a competent front office and coaching staff. Here's hoping we can either make a little magic happen in trades or we can either go full tank next season or reach the playoffs, no more of this lower-middle ground stuff.

hunt and garino aren't making the roster.

But here's my thing. LBJ is probably the only star you can pair him with because of his distribution rate.

Check this out

"Irving was one of 10 guards this past season to surrender 50 percent shooting or better from the floor in 1-on-1 situations. While most point guards throughout the league are thought to be pretty weak defensively, Irving’s offense-defense balance is particularly lopsided. In NBA history, there have only been six player seasons in which a guard had a usage rate of 30 percent or more (meaning the percentage of a team’s plays that end with that player shooting or turning the ball over) while logging 1.5 defensive win shares or fewer. Two of those six campaigns belong to Irving, including this past season, according to Basketball-Reference.com.

Irving often gets tunnel vision on his way to the basket. His 27.6 percent pass rate out of drives was fourth-lowest among starting point guards. His assist-to-turnover ratio varied considerably this past season — from a lofty 2.59 (think John Wall) to a mediocre 1.78 (think Austin Rivers) — depending on whether James was on the court with him.

Most concerning: Irving and the Cavs were outscored by 8 points per 100 possessions this season without James on the court, a night-and-day difference from the 9 points per 100 plays they outscored opponents by when Irving played with James. Over the past three seasons, Irving and his teammates have been outscored by 94 points over almost 2,000 minutes when James is resting, according to NBA.com. The challenge may be rooted in the fact that Irving’s preferred 1-on-1 style of offense fits with James’s — who can take occasional breathers while his teammate goes to work — but throws his teammates out of rhythm when James is off the floor"

I think he comes here and we still suck. But at least he's putting up godly scoring numbers. Essentially Booker with better shooting numbers.

I know me and you don't see the same with Isaac but that potential defense, length, and shot...If he's groomed right? Irvings history of injuries and style of basketball? I think it's a lot riskier once you dig a little deeper into Kyrie.

Am I missing something? Is Orlando in talks as a possible destination or something?