Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

My point was kanter was more efficient on offense last season than any year in vucevic's career and was unplayable in the playoffs.

Offense only matters relative to what you give up on the other end of the floor. Ask any neutral third party and they'll tell you vucevic has no market whatsoever.

Kanter's relative efficiency was based on his role. Nik in the same position would be even more efficient. He didn't play in the playoffs because he didn't match up well against Houston AND he shot <40% from the floor. Even if a player is outmatched in a particular matchup it doesn't mean that he is a dinosaur nor does it negate what he did to get the team to that position in the first place, which if you do a little digging Kanter received plenty of credit for getting there.

As far as your last sentence, its no less irrelevant than you first Kanter post. It's also completely false. Nik offers everything that Kanter does and a little more plus comes at %60 of the cost of Kanter. You are completely ignoring the business side of his value as well as not comprehending his basketball value.

I'm not disputing this. It's exactly why I said he's better off in a Kanter type roll. You're making my point for me.

The issue with our Center rotation is you have Vuch whose a huge liability on defense, then you have Biz whose just as big of a liability on offense.

I'd rather just have a center that's average at both. I don't like either of them. Biz makes 5 mil more per almost and is on the books an additional year so I'd rather trade him.

But that's just me. I would think Vuch has better trade value then Biz.

Yeah but he won't accept that role.

The problem is trading either Vuc or biz presents with new problems that need to be fixed. If Vuc goes our offense goes to crap so we need some offensive players. If biz goes there goes our inside defends and offensive rebounding -- not sure who we can get that can fix that.

They can use those picks to obtain talent.

Good point. But they have so much salary in TT and JR and Shump that if they trade Irving they should package those picks to dump those guys. If you meant get picks and rebuild through the draft I don't think that works if you're trying to keep Lebron.

Kanter's relative efficiency was based on his role. Nik in the same position would be even more efficient. He didn't play in the playoffs because he didn't match up well against Houston AND he shot <40% from the floor. Even if a player is outmatched in a particular matchup it doesn't mean that he is a dinosaur nor does it negate what he did to get the team to that position in the first place, which if you do a little digging Kanter received plenty of credit for getting there.

As far as your last sentence, its no less irrelevant than you first Kanter post. It's also completely false. Nik offers everything that Kanter does and a little more plus comes at %60 of the cost of Kanter. You are completely ignoring the business side of his value as well as not comprehending his basketball value.

It's not false. You're delusional

@Magicdoc1 I saw your previous post regarding the trade. If they requested Ross over Hezonja and picks would you do it?

Kyrie Irving for Payton, Fournier, and Ross. Think that would be a fair trade for both teams?

In a heartbeat. We will have to include several first round picks.

Im not sure if Cleveland will do it tho.

Good point. But they have so much salary in TT and JR and Shump that if they trade Irving they should package those picks to dump those guys. If you meant get picks and rebuild through the draft I don't think that works if you're trying to keep Lebron.

P4TW suggested this. "Isaac, Fournier, cash, and two firsts one of which is unprotected should be enough."

I'd throw in Payton as well.

So Payton Fournier Bron Love Thompson is still winning the east.

In order to keep Bron around longer than next year they will need the ability to land big guys. Thats where our picks come into play. They then throw our two first rounders and whatever else to land a guy big enough to keep Bron around.

P4TW suggested this. "Isaac, Fournier, cash, and two firsts one of which is unprotected should be enough."

I'd throw in Payton as well.

So Payton Fournier Bron Love Thompson is still winning the east.

In order to keep Bron around longer than next year they will need the ability to land big guys. Thats where our picks come into play. They then throw our two first rounders and whatever else to land a guy big enough to keep Bron around.

This issue with this is just about every lottery team can offer as good and better deals. Or maybe a team like Portland centers a trade around CJ. There's just much better options out there for Cleveland than anything the Magic can offer.

Again, outside of Issac and AG (to a lesser extent, as he's due for a payday) we don't have many coveted assets other than Picks. If your CLE, and your forced to trade Irving--your gonna want a legit borderline all star player in return becaus they aren't going rebuild mode.

That's why a team that can offer a near all star player like CJ (just thinking off the top of my head, plenty of other players in this caliber) have more to offer.

Or a team like Philly could offer better prospects if they want that. Or Boston even.

It's funny to talk about and dream about but it's unfortunately not a reality.

People who can put the ball in the basket will never be gone in the NBA. Especially if you are 7 feet tall. Good offense beats good defense every time. I get it, most are tired of Nik, he is still quite underrated around here. Except for perhaps Isaac, he probably has the most value on the team still.

I agree with you. Boston showed interest in Vuc recently. These boards underestimate his value.

I agree with you. Boston showed interest in Vuc recently. These boards undersestimste his value.

So why wasn't a deal done then? Why did they sign Baynes instead?

I hope the Magic does not trade Fournier. I absolutely love how he plays (not including the turnovers.) I remember his first year (when he was traded to the Magic), I didn't know who he was, but he quickly made me a believer. His shots were falling and didn't seem to miss a bucket. He was making much needed shots to

help keep us in the game. After he made a shot, I would yell out "Fournier"! Then I would say, "I love myself some Fournier!"

His next year with the Magic, things started falling apart with the TEAM (the trades, a new coach, poor coaching strategies, players not utilized properly--playing out of position.) I don't think we should blame Fournier.

Some of you say that he is a ball hog. And some of you mentioned that the team needs shooters. Well, who was Fournier going to give the ball to (that could make a basket). I don't think the players even knew what they were suppose to do. They looked confused out there on the floor. Well, last year, when Fournier was a starter, we were ahead in some games and should have won, but the coach put the bench in and that's when things started to go downhill. The coach waited too late to send the starters back in. So Fournier tried to bring the team back. He did have some steals, and at times, he gave up his body scrambling for the ball on the floor. (Fournier plays hard, and he backs off from no one--on the opposing team.) WE DON'T SEE WHAT GOES ON IN PRACTICE!

The coaching staff did not have things figured out until the last several games of last season. That's when we started to look like a team, better ball movement, up tempo, and we won a few games.

I did not read the comments you said he made about wanting/needing better players on our team. Well, I don't think you should blame him. If you look at his basketball profile, he has played professional basketball much longer than any one player on the Magic--internationally and in the NBA. I think he is a better player than some of you give him credit for. He just needs some help, not charmin soft players.

Elfrid Payton is another story. I wanted him gone. Up until last year, he use to take his time bringing the ball up the floor. He was a show boater. He played well when he decided to play well. I don't care about the triple-doubles he had last year. Yeah. . .he played up tempo the latter part of the season, but I still don't trust him.

The same goes for Russell Westbrook. I'm glad Durant left OKC. You talk about a ball hog (Westbrook), he didn't get all of those triple-doubles, which included very high scores (40-50 points) because he didn't trust his teammates to help win the game. He didn't invite his teammates to the party because his goal was to set a record. Westbrook held his team back.

I can understand some of you wanting to make a big leap. You say that you don't want the team to be mediocre. Well, I feel your pain. I look at where the Golden State Warriors came from when Mark Jackson was coach. I remember someone commenting saying that a number of the players were not high draft picks, such as Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, but 2 or 3 years ago, their general manager started bringing in players that fit their system. The Warriors did not generate interest from all-star calibre free agents until a couple of seasons ago. We have to just trust this new general manager and president of basketball operations. I would rather be mediocre this coming season and enjoy watching our team win and play solid basketball like the good old days with Darryl Armstrong and Bo Outlaw (Heart and Hustle).

Finally, I hope and pray that Evan Fournier does not get traded.

E2r4oz.png

SAVE EVAN FOURNIER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

LFRmi8.png