Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

In what world do you cut your 5th overall pick to sign a G league guy. Regardless of your opinion on Hezonja he has more value than a random end of the bench guy you can pick up for very little at the end of free agency.

He's a Kentucky fan

I meant to put 22. Again, at work, on my phone, hiding it from the boss gets tricky.

Love it man I do the same thing

In what world do you cut your 5th overall pick to sign a G league guy. Regardless of your opinion on Hezonja he has more value than a random end of the bench guy you can pick up for very little at the end of free agency.

What value does he have?? I still havent seen anyone defend Hezonja other than to say he was a 5th overall pick and he has potential. Would you rather waste a spot on a guy with potential but no traction and no connection with current coaching staff, or pick from a group of players (Kentucky or not) who have proven they can make a valuable addition to an NBA roster. I dont see value in Hezonja and I think its a stupid move to let him sit on the bench and play the "What If" game.

I'm also asking a lot of other people for names of potential people to finish the roster...yet no one is giving me anything. So before you troll, how about you contribute to the conversation. Thanks.

Well.... you should read past posts.

How come you want to fill the roster and yet you want a 3rd year lottery player been waived.

We dont really need to sign anyone else. Our roster is pretty much set.

A trade is a viable option as some teams are in the process of adjusting and completing their roster. I am really hoping either Vuc or Augustine are included in one of those possible moves. Unlikely, but my hope will remain high as long as we keep some room in our cap.

What value does he have?? I still havent seen anyone defend Hezonja other than to say he was a 5th overall pick and he has potential. Would you rather waste a spot on a guy with potential but no traction and no connection with current coaching staff, or pick from a group of players (Kentucky or not) who have proven they can make a valuable addition to an NBA roster. I dont see value in Hezonja and I think its a stupid move to let him sit on the bench and play the "What If" game.

The Hezonja defenders remind me a little bit of the Hennigan defenders a few years ago. Very assertive, hostile, and wrong.

Having said that, I'm willing to give him one more year, because our offense is so disgustingly bad, even a small chance that he becomes decent is probably worth it.

Are you holding on for something because so far I haven't seen a dang thing from him yet. He looks good in a suit, thats about it. At least send him to the G-League and let him develop there or get his confidence back because right now he is not fitting on an NBA roster other than being able to fit in the seat.

OrlandoMagicDaily.com literally has a few articles on him titled "What Went Wrong with Mario Hezonja" and "Mario Hezonja prepares for his last stand in Orlando"

Compare that to Alex Poythress who has been averaging 18 pts 7 rbs 1 bk 1 st in his time in the G-League. Was even called up to the 76ers to play a few games and performed well enough to get a summer league play where he again played the perfect role player.

His first NBA game against the Toronto Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at1gd0EjCgc

Highlights from the 16-17 season (check out some of those blocks around the 1 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7oQvo6nzA

I can't even be asked to defend Mario because just cutting him is RIDICULOUS! He showed me enough promise in his rookie year for me to see there are signs he could be good. And I bet there is a GM or two out there who would see that also that would give up something for him. As for your boy Alex P I haven't given him any thought. Cutting Mario for NOTHING is LOL