Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

yeah, I mean, completely ignore any perceived implication we're making here, that's not intended. There's a really good chance with more opportunities his efficiency would crash.

but did anyone remember watching Gordon isolate last season and think it was going to lead to a good outcome? but the dude scored 55% of the time and rarely turned it over. weird.

Maybe some weird quirk that occurred from him being guarded by smaller guys? I remember a game last year against the Celtics where they tried to hide IT on him and he feasted. Not sure if many of the buckets were isos though.

Who are some of the names that come to mind when you say big/hybrid. I can't really think of any (I guess focusing on the hybrid part). As I said before, Noel is a name that I wouldn't mind seeing us connected with but he is a RFA and I'm Dallas will match anything we can offer.

Kyle Wiltjer was released by the Clippers after being traded from Houston. He's super slow on defense and can't rebound, but he can shoot threes. Not what we need. Any other names?

Roy Hibbert is on the market. He has a connection with Vogel. Kinda goes against the Small Ball mentality but maybe Vogel can bring something out of him.

Gerald Henderson

Jordan Hill

Terrance Jones

Alex Poythress (check out the Sixers summer league highlights. He always makes solid plays, won't shine but will be that locker leader guy like Patrick Patterson)

I have no idea who we could fill that position with. Your list is far longer than any I could of come up with.

With that said I've seen Hill's name thrown around and I'd be happt with that.

Poythress and Jones sound good as well but both need to be ok with not playing.

we have 2 million in cap space or 4 million in an exception.

Rudez was cut some time ago and it's very likely we sign Khem Birch to be our third string 5.

I thought we were already accounting for Birch. What's our roster number at? 13? 14?

Maybe some weird quirk that occurred from him being guarded by smaller guys? I remember a game last year against the Celtics where they tried to hide IT on him and he feasted. Not sure if many of the buckets were isos though.

I was thinking more the opposite. blowing past bigger guys.

I thought we were already accounting for Birch. What's our roster number at? 13? 14?

I counted 13, according to ESPN. They still had Rudez on our roster which is why I included him earlier.

We still can consider signing Iwundu too.

I personally hope we clear out some of the log jam at SG if we sign Iwundu. Georges-Hunt seemed to have a good summer, but waive Garino.

How about this.

Payton//Mack//DJ

Fournier//MGH//Iwundu

Ross//Simmons//Allen//Poythress

Gordon//Issac//Jones

Vucevic//Biz

Cut Garino

Cut Hezonja. Let him go back to Europe and be the superstar. His game just doesn't seem like it translates.

Sign Tony Allen with the MLE

Sign Terrance Jones to a one year 1.5 million dollar contract

Sign Alex Poythress to a one year 1.5 millon dollar contract

In the offseason, you added a decent backup PG, explosive SG/SF who plays with heart and passion, a gritty defensive minded Vet, a SF/PF who will hustle and grind on defense, and a PF who wants to prove he can stick.

Every time Jones is given a chance, he contributes. Averaged 12 pts and 7 rbs for 2 consecutive years for Houston, then they shoved him in the back of the rotation. Then signs with New Orleans and averages 11.5 and 6. He could help us.

I counted 13, according to ESPN. They still had Rudez on our roster which is why I included him earlier.

I personally hope we clear out some of the log jam at SG if we sign Iwundu. Georges-Hunt seemed to have a good summer, but waive Garino.

How about this.

Payton//Mack//DJ

Fournier//MGH//Iwundu

Gordon//Issac//Jones

Vucevic//Biz

Cut Garino

Cut Hezonja. Let him go back to Europe and be the superstar. His game just doesn't seem like it translates.

In the offseason, you added a decent backup PG, explosive SG/SF who plays with heart and passion, a gritty defensive minded Vet, a SF/PF who will hustle and grind on defense, and a PF who wants to prove he can stick.

Every time Jones is given a chance, he contributes. Averaged 12 pts and 7 rbs for 2 consecutive years for Houston, then they shoved him in the back of the rotation. Then signs with New Orleans and averages 11.5 and 6. He could help us.

we aren't going to cut hezonja.

How about this.

Payton//Mack//DJ

Fournier//MGH//Iwundu

Gordon//Issac//Jones

Vucevic//Biz

Cut Garino

Thank god you are not GM LOL

CUT MARIO?? LOL

How about this.

Payton//Mack//DJ

Fournier//MGH//Iwundu

Gordon//Issac//Jones

Vucevic//Biz

Cut Garino

I just sign in again to just say:

LOL

im guessing we waive hunt and garino

payton-mack-augustin

Fournier-simmons-iwundu

ross-hezonja

Gordon-Isaac

vuc-biyombo-birch

that's 13. there's 1 spot left.

plus our two 2-way contracts.

Thank god you are not GM LOL

CUT MARIO?? LOL

Are you holding on for something because so far I haven't seen a dang thing from him yet. He looks good in a suit, thats about it. At least send him to the G-League and let him develop there or get his confidence back because right now he is not fitting on an NBA roster other than being able to fit in the seat.

OrlandoMagicDaily.com literally has a few articles on him titled "What Went Wrong with Mario Hezonja" and "Mario Hezonja prepares for his last stand in Orlando"

To say the least, Hezonja has not lived up to expectations by any measure. His value seems at its lowest.

It is likely Hezonja has some latent potential that still needs to be tapped into. That Magic just did not have the patience to wait for it. But for now, it is just not clear what Hezonja does well enough that would justify consistent playing time on a team that is trying to win. That leaves Hezonja’s future very much in doubt. He has failed to live up to his lofty expectations, he has underperformed and he now faces a shifting landscape on the team.

Weltman and Hammond are coming in with fresh perspectives on the team and no pre-existing attachments to the players on the roster. They did not sign any of the current players, and a struggling player like Hezonja might, therefore, be on particularly thin ice.

Compare that to Alex Poythress who has been averaging 18 pts 7 rbs 1 bk 1 st in his time in the G-League. Was even called up to the 76ers to play a few games and performed well enough to get a summer league play where he again played the perfect role player.

His first NBA game against the Toronto Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at1gd0EjCgc

Highlights from the 16-17 season (check out some of those blocks around the 1 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7oQvo6nzA

I just sign in again to just say:

LOL

I'm also asking a lot of other people for names of potential people to finish the roster...yet no one is giving me anything. So before you troll, how about you contribute to the conversation. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

In what world do you cut your 5th overall pick to sign a G league guy. Regardless of your opinion on Hezonja he has more value than a random end of the bench guy you can pick up for very little at the end of free agency.