Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I was really starting to appreciate the much needed level headed thinking over the last several pages...then it devolved into an asinine discussion about AG being on the same plane as Wiggins.

And this is valid. Wiggins has his flaws. Also, I said arguably the best player under 22.

I just can't imagine someone turning him down for Gordon.

Maybe that has more to do with fit than actual player. We haven't had a scorer in years. If we had someone who could already score I'm not sure everyone eould be so willing to make that trade.

And this is valid. Wiggins has his flaws. Also, I said arguably the best player under 22.

I just can't imagine someone turning him down for Gordon.

I think it probably goes (assuming we're not in the hypothetical realm where embiid or parker are healthy)

giannis

towns

porzingis

wiggins

jokic

and then I have trouble with the rest. because I think you have a few players whose stats are better than the players are in Schroder, booker, Russell, randle, warren.

And then Gordon, Myles Turner, Steven Adams might be better than their stats so you could probably have them over the other group. Maybe Nurkic is in this group?

I have no idea what to do with Gary Harris or Drummond. Harris is an efficient SG but how good of a defender can you be at 6'3 at SG? Drummond's ft shooting might push him into an unplayable area. a Drummond free throw has less expected point value than a payton 3.

I think it probably goes (assuming we're not in the hypothetical realm where embiid or parker are healthy)

giannis

towns

porzingis

wiggins

jokic

and then I have trouble with the rest. because I think you have a few players whose stats are better than the players are in Schroder, booker, Russell, randle, warren.

And then Gordon, Myles Turner, Steven Adams might be better than their stats so you could probably have them over the other group. Maybe Nurkic is in this group?

I have no idea what to do with Gary Harris or Drummond. Harris is an efficient SG but how good of a defender can you be at 6'3 at SG? Drummond's ft shooting might push him into an unplayable area. a Drummond free throw has less expected point value than a payton 3.

Hmm,

I would put Jokic above Wiggins for sure. They have the same major issue (defense), but Jokic was able to bring an- on paper- worse team to a better final standing as the best player on that team. The only thing against him is he only really had half a year running the show.

Hmm,

I would put Jokic above Wiggins for sure. They have the same major issue (defense), but Jokic was able to bring an- on paper- worse team to a better final standing as the best player on that team. The only thing against him is he only really had half a year running the show.

that's probably fair.

that's probably fair.

And I would totally trade Gordon for Jokic and throw in a few picks as well. I think Jokic has the potential to be really special.

A poll is not a debate. In a debate, both sides bring their own arguments to support their view. After the initial arguments, you break down the other sides argument while shoring up your own- giving different ways to perceive the evidence or adding more different evidence that either supports your argument or breaks theirs.

And my point in all of this isn't that Gordon is a great player or anything- he is definitely flawed. I just think he is in the conversation at around the same level as Wiggins is. Perhaps you are overrating Wiggins rather instead of me overrating Gordon.

And I think Wiggins will be paid more because he has the gaudy scoring numbers as you pointed out. I just don't think that makes him a better player.

Because scoring is important in today's NBA. You can't just write off a 22 year old that can average 24 a game. That means something. It actually means a lot. You downplaying that type of productivity as "it's only scoring" doesn't really add up to me.

Scoring is hard to come by. It's one of the main reasons we completely suck cause our team is full of guys who can't do that consistently.

As far as stats go, when I'm at work on my phone it's hard to pull hem to support my claim but again I really don't think it's neccassry in this case.

When we debated AG against Saric or Porter those debates makes sense. This one doesn't to me.

or they improve with him not having to face a team's best defender with Jimmy next to him. Teague and Crawford know their place as 4th & 5th options on the totem pole.

Thats different than having a usage rate of 30 playing next to a faciliator like Rubio and Kris Dunn who cant score to save his life.

His role on the team is now somewhere between Otto Porter and Klay Thompson.

Because scoring is important in today's NBA. You can't just write off a 22 year old that can average 24 a game. That means something. It actually means a lot. You downplaying that type of productivity as "it's only scoring" doesn't really add up to me.

Scoring is hard to come by. It's one of the main reasons we completely suck cause our team is full of guys who can't do that consistently.

As far as stats go, when I'm at work on my phone it's hard to pull hem to support my claim but again I really don't think it's neccassry in this case.

When we debated AG against Saric or Porter those debates makes sense. This one doesn't to me.

With less usage Wiggins and Porter will be very comparable.

When we look at the roster, where do you see holes that need to be filled? What is most pressing?

PG - Elfrid Payton (6'4) // Shelvin Mack (6'3) // DJ Augustin (6'0)

SG - Evan Fournier (6'7) // Marcus Georges-Hunt (6'5)// Patricio Garino (6'6)

SF - Terrence Ross (6'7) // Jonathon Simmons (6'6)// Mario Hezonja (6'8)

PF - Aaron Gordon (6'9) // Jonathan Issac (6'10) // Damjan Rudez (6'10)

C - Nikola Vucevic (7'0) // Bismack Biyombo (6'9)

Wesley Iwundu (6'7) -Not Signed

___________________________________________________________________________________

Looking at that roster, I'd say that we still need offense and rebounding. Maybe Issac will be a better rebounder than we all expect but I really don't think he will cure everything. I think it's time to move on from Vucevic and embrace small ball. We could use guys who create their own shot and who aren't afraid to get after it on defense. What about these players?

Shabazz Muhammad

Tony Allen

Nerlens Noel

I know we don't have any cap room and most of these guys would be 1-3 year deals on minimum money, but I think they could help us out.