Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I'll get lit up on here for being critical of AG

maybe if you came with something more substantial than "his defense might be overrated" with nothing to back that up you wouldn't get lit up.

maybe if you came with something more substantial than "his defense might be overrated" with nothing to back that up you wouldn't get lit up.

Can't say I didn't predict this.

It's just funny. We will light any other player up but if you speak negatively of AG you will get ousted for it lol.

it wasn't even that smart. Half the message board wanted him and most mock drafts projected him to us as he fits exactly what we wanted to do.

Could GMs possibly be making wink wink deals that we do not know about? Ainge you get it this time, but in a couple years I will collect. You help me next time sort of thing. I mean, we ain't winning this year. Perhaps this is the year to get an identity but still be bad enough to get a better draft pick.

It's a clear overpay but average NBA players make that now. That's just the market.

I'll get lit up on here for being critical of AG but he needs to show much more consistency this year to make me want to resign him.

Its not an overpay if that's the market. It's the market.

Its not an overpay if that's the market. It's the market.

It's a lot of money for 13 points and 5 boards, that's all I'm saying.

If he can put up around 16/7 this year then awesome but if he only show marginal improvement I'd be fine letting him walk, which we won't do regardless.

I'd offer AG a Fournier type contract at this point.

Yes, this. I'm comfortable with that. This way even if he doesn't improve a ton he's still worth around what he's making.

Can't say I didn't predict this.

It's just funny. We will light any other player up but if you speak negatively of AG you will get ousted for it lol.

Doesn't negate his point

It's a lot of money for 13 points and 5 boards, that's all I'm saying.

If he can put up around 16/7 this year then awesome but if he only show marginal improvement I'd be fine letting him walk, which we won't do regardless.

Our options are to extend him this year at less than what he will get if we wait until free agency or wait until free agency and sign him for big for the sake of seeing if he improves at a large enough level or offer him an fournier extention that he will turn down because he knows where the market is.

What do you propose we do?

At the end of Robs 5 year rebuild I wouldnt be surprised if we let Payton and Gordon walk while Mario becomes a guy who no team wants even for a second rounder. The net would be all his draft picks are gone along with our flexibility and future picks. I bet Martins and ownership are happy they hired the cheapest GM they could find.

Yes, this. I'm comfortable with that. This way even if he doesn't improve a ton he's still worth around what he's making.

I'm comfortable with that also. Let someone else pay him 100m+ unless he really shows something this year.