Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

hypothetically Portland gives up on the lillard/McCollum backcourt. They have 150 million on the books for 2018-2019. so they need to clear like 25 million to get closer to the tax line.

this trade plus picks http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycnx3ebw gets them below the tax line.

the problem is this would be our lineup through 2020

McCollum-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-biyombo

augustin-Crabbe-Isaac

112 million committed in 18-19 assuming we get a good deal on Gordon

104+ million for this in 19-20: McCollum-simmons-Isaac-Gordon-biyombo

augustin-crabbe

edit: my math might be off here with Portland's money. the 25 million would take them to the cap, not the tax line. I still think they do it so they can resign Nurkic.

I guess this all depends on whether you think McCollum is someone a team can build around. It also means betting big on the development of Isaac and AG.

hypothetically Portland gives up on the lillard/McCollum backcourt. They have 150 million on the books for 2018-2019. so they need to clear like 25 million to get closer to the tax line.

this trade plus picks http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycnx3ebw gets them below the tax line.

augustin-Crabbe-Isaac

augustin-crabbe

edit: my math might be off here with Portland's money. the 25 million would take them to the cap, not the tax line. I still think they do it so they can resign Nurkic.

I'd take that lineup. McCollum is proven and is an all star.

Swanigan looks awesome and I know it's beating a dead horse but I still can't believe we traded that second 1st round pick

There is no doubt a few stars will come from picks after pick 25....we just didnt want any of those guys here. As an aside Ive heard from someone inside the organization that certain people involved with scouting were enraged we traded our pick at 25 as they thought he was a great layer we should have kept...time will tell.

There is no doubt a few stars will come from picks after pick 25....we just didnt want any of those guys here. As an aside Ive heard from someone inside the organization that certain people involved with scouting were enraged we traded our pick at 25 as they thought he was a great layer we should have kept...time will tell.

Yea I can't imagine our entire FO was on board with trading the 25th in a loaded draft for what will more then likely become a couple future seconds.

augustin-Crabbe-Isaac

augustin-crabbe

I mean it's not a bad lineup. The total salary is terrible and I would hate giving up the picks (though they wouldn't matter as much as McCollum probably makes this team a playoff team in the East)... But if you are optimistic about the trajectories of Gordon and Isaac and think CJ can be your centerpiece... I would be tempted

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Simmons

Payton

Biz

Isaac

Hezonja

Ross

Mack

That's how I think things will go ... Simmons in the SL strengthens our perimeter defense.

This lineup works if Vuc/Fournier learn to play with others and not just play with themselves as they tend to like playing with each other.

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Simmons

Payton

Biz

Isaac

Hezonja

Ross

Mack

That's how I think things will go ... Simmons in the SL strengthens our perimeter defense.

This is a team that wins somewhere from 27-35 games or so. That's what kind of bothers me the most about our off-season. We aren't tanking, but we aren't trying to win either. We're stuck in middle of the lottery limbo and it's not a good place to be.

• Upvote 1

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Simmons

Payton

Biz

Isaac

Hezonja

Ross

Mack

Nah. Frank is going to see if the momentum carries over.

Payton/Mack

Fournier/Simmons

Ross/Hezonja

AG/Isaac

Vuch/Biz

There'll be a change if it's obvious there needs to be one.