Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

You see someone taking that horrible Biz contact from us?

We would take something back that's not great but I think something is coming.

No he can't

As bad as people talk about Payton. It is funny you say that comment. Even DJ started over Payton, at times, last year, so I say anything is possible. I personally liked payton more than most.

Did a rift with head coach Gregg Popovich help precipitate Jonathon Simmons’ sudden departure from the San Antonio Spurs?

In an appearance on ESPN’s “The Jump” on Thursday, Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated said Simmons and Popovich did not get along particularly well.

“Toward the end of last season, I was hearing some rumblings that him and Pop weren’t the best of friends,” said Spears. “I think Pop didn’t like some of the showboating that Jonathon Simmons does — dunking on people, staring … Also I’m kind of hearing that [simmons] felt a little handcuffed playing for the Spurs, so perhaps it wasn’t the greatest fit.”

The 27-year-old Simmons spent the first two seasons of his NBA career in San Antonio but averaged just 16.6 minutes per game over that span. He agreed to a three-year, $20 million deal with the Orlando Magic on Friday, just one day after being officially renounced by the Spurs.

Simmons’ play style can border on flashy at times, and either way, players who feud with Popovich unsurprisingly don’t tend to last for long in San Antonio.

As bad as people talk about Payton. It is funny you say that comment. Even DJ started over Payton, at times, last year, so I say anything is possible. I personally liked payton more than most.

But that has more to do with play style, and weird AG at the 3 lineups than it does with Payton not being good enough. At a faster pace, with Payton being more ball dominant, he won't lose his starting job unless something crazy happens.

Asked why he felt the Magic was a good choice, Simmons said the opportunity to become a better impact player was too good to pass up.

"I have goals and I'm trying to attack them," said Simmons. "I think Orlando is the perfect place to do that."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Simmons-on-new-deal-It-s-a-business-happy-11290435.php

oh my god you just made me realize a payton-simmons-isaac-gordon-biyombo lineup is possible.

Lol. I thought it but didn't post it