Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Our team is far from done and we will need picks to include them in trades. Two more rookies that we would likely send to d-league dont have same appeal as picks when you are at the trade deadline looking to make trades.

Yep. Couldn't have used any of this at pick 35 Check out @Joshua_Riddell's Tweet:

Jonah Bolden as well. Averaged 2 steals and 2 blocks in Utah SL and put up 11/10/2/2 last night. Could have let him play another year in Europe if we didnt want another rookie.

https://thesixersense.com/2017/07/07/philadelphia-76ers-summer-league-jonah-bolden-fit/

If he's asked his opinion on TV, he should tell the truth. Doesn't need to be PC to please fans like you.

Can tell we're in a slow period, and I think people's frustration with our inability to be a factor in this offseason so far is showing in this conversation (not only are we awful, but we have very little cap space to do anything about it after a 5 year rebuild; that's enough to frustrate anybody). Having said that, a few points:

1. No one was expressing "hate" for anyone. There are legitimate concerns about Fournier. I personally think he makes the team worse when he's out there. About the only one he passes to is Vuch, he doesn't look to pass, and he doesn't play defense.

2. The article said he was "ranting" about the coaching situation, and criticizing whether Vogel can adapt properly, and criticizing the decision to play Gordon at the 3. It is 100% not the role of an active player on a team to subvert confidence in his own coach by publically saying these things, regardless of what he believes. Just because he's interviewed on TV doesn't mean he should just say anything he pleases, anymore than you would just go tell your boss "Hey, that's an ugly shirt you're wearing". There is an issue of professionalism.

3. I have disagreed with Magicman28 plenty of times but in this case I think he's right on target. But agree or disagree, this is not an issue that deserves the overheated rhetoric it's been getting.

4. If I have to watch Fournier and Vuch playing a two man game for another season, I may look for a more interesting sport to follow, such as curling or tiddlywinks.

• Upvote 4

Can tell we're in a slow period, and I think people's frustration with our inability to be a factor in this offseason so far is showing in this conversation (not only are we awful, but we have very little cap space to do anything about it after a 5 year rebuild; that's enough to frustrate anybody). Having said that, a few points:

1. No one was expressing "hate" for anyone. There are legitimate concerns about Fournier. I personally think he makes the team worse when he's out there. About the only one he passes to is Vuch, he doesn't look to pass, and he doesn't play defense.

2. The article said he was "ranting" about the coaching situation, and criticizing whether Vogel can adapt properly, and criticizing the decision to play Gordon at the 3. It is 100% not the role of an active player on a team to subvert confidence in his own coach by publically saying these things, regardless of what he believes. Just because he's interviewed on TV doesn't mean he should just say anything he pleases, anymore than you would just go tell your boss "Hey, that's an ugly shirt you're wearing". There is an issue of professionalism.

3. I have disagreed with Magicman28 plenty of times but in this case I think he's right on target. But agree or disagree, this is not an issue that deserves the overheated rhetoric it's been getting.

4. If I have to watch Fournier and Vuch playing a two man game for another season, I may look for a more interesting sport to follow, such as curling or tiddlywinks.

Great post, agree with everything you've said there.

• Upvote 1

Spot on brother. #4 I have to agree with 10000%

#4 Interestingly post all star insert Biyombo over Vuc in same SL showed a better offensive rating. If we can't get rid of Vuc, he can play in the second unit.

Yep. Couldn't have used any of this at pick 35 Check out @Joshua_Riddell's Tweet:

I still can't believe he said the draft "flattened out" at 25. That was and still is an extremely disappointing statement. Plenty of talent was on the board there.

• Upvote 1

I still can't believe he said the draft "flattened out" at 25. That was and still is an extremely disappointing statement. Plenty of talent was on the board there.

"Flattened out" =I could really f this pick up so, I think I'll trade it so I am not going to be blamed for a massive failure.

"Flattened out" =I could really f this pick up so, I think I'll trade it so I am not going to be blamed for a massive failure.

It's gonna be fun to look back in a couple years and see all the "flattened out" talent that was drafted after 25.