Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Continuing the conversation from yesterday

http://on.nba.com/2kLF1UB

Look at the whole season offensive numbers from Payton, Gordon, ross, Meeks, ibaka. All around 104-106 points per 100 possessions.

Look at Augustin, hezonja, green, Watson. All 94-96 points per 100 possessions bringing the team down to a 29th ranked 101.2 points per 100 possessions.

If we can build a bench that keeps our offensive rating at 105ish which is basically league average and improve the defense we can basically be Detroit.

Let's hope we can raise these numbers with the addition of Issac and Iwundu.

Let's hope we can raise these numbers with the addition of Issac and Iwundu.

Issac will be an instant upgrade over Green next year. Iwundu I don't think will play enough to matter one way or the other.

Issac will be an instant upgrade over Green next year. Iwundu I don't think will play enough to matter one way or the other.

He should have some back-up minutes at sg. Will see how Vogel is utilizing him.

Not a fan of Fournier undermining the coach. Hope we trade him tbh.

I think he was speaking the truth

Yup. People are going to be shocked how much league average players improve this team.

We'll be stuck in a situation where we're below average with the upside of average and no reliable path to great even with my most optimistic projections of our young players.

But yeah. Maybe we can get lucky in free agency after fighting for a 6-8 seed in 2018-19 or make a couple playoffs so it will be socially acceptable to bottom out again without it being a string of 10 years

So, Evan Fournier was invited by a french bball show called 'First Team' and he spoke a bit about the Magic and the Free agency:

On the Magic:

- He was ranting about the constant changes at the coaching position and is not sure about Frank Vogel (saying, 5 years ago with Hibbert and West, Vogel was displaying good defensive bball, but now that the game has changed (p&r etc.) Vogel, which he consider him still being a good coach, has some problems to adapt.)

- He apparently hasn't any idea in which direction the new gm/president will go.

- He's praising Terrence Ross' work ethic, saying that he's not selfish and a good pick-up.

- Saying that Aaron Gordon never should have start as SF and that Vogel lost a lot of time by trying him out at this position.

- He is not expecting any big signings nor trades.

On the Free agency:

- Was ranting about the trade of Avery Bradley (only defensive 'pitbull' Boston had), which he didn't understand and was expecting the C's to make a push towards beating Lebron.

- He would have loved to play with George Hill and is questioning, why he landed in Sacramento and not in Orlando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzzVUAed5M

I can't even be mad at Fournier's comments.

He needs to check himself.

His defense, him making his team better, etc. He's not in a position to speaking in such a way.

But Magicman you have to admit that a lot of what Evan said was correct.

But Magicman you have to admit that a lot of what Evan said was correct.

A lot of it but I just don't think he should be worrying about Vogel's adaptations.

I just like to see him talk about what HE needs to adapt to.

• Upvote 1

A lot of it but I just don't think he should be worrying about Vogel's adaptations.

I just like to see him talk about what HE needs to adapt to.

Exactly, and even if he wanted to comment, he could say that teams defense wasnt good. You dont hear Vogel telling media after games that specific player sucked even if he did. There are other people who supervise Vogel and we dont need players playing GMs and giving such comments.