Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Last few days in Utah, kept hearing how #Celtics were intrigued by #Spurs free agent Dewayne Dedmon...wonder if the interest is mutual

Per Jabari Young

Does Brooklyn have the cash to spend after the porter contract? I know they really liked KCP.

Don't think so. Hawks may really screw them and tie up their funds.

Kcp is probably better than Fournier. But is he 8 million per year better than Fournier?

The question is more, can he make us better? He will need to step up his game to be a valuable asset down the stretch. I see him on the decline from the previous season, though.

the best thing about this offseason is it seems we're not playoffs or bust anymore.

we're in "make moves that make sense and see what happens when the season starts" mode. That's good.

Great to hear you change your tune on this after pegging our draft as clearly playoffs or bust. I think our progress or lack thereof (at the team and individual levels) leading to the trade deadline will help direct our management on which way to go.

Kcp is probably better than Fournier. But is he 8 million per year better than Fournier?

He's marginally better if better at all. He's a better defender but Fournier better on offense. No way he's 8 mil per better.

“We’re going to be smart,” coach Frank Vogel said. “Cleaning up our cap situation is one of their top priorities. You have to be smart about what you’re doing and calculated in how you’re going to improve the team.”

“We’re going to be smart,” coach Frank Vogel said. “Cleaning up our cap situation is one of their top priorities. You have to be smart about what you’re doing and calculated in how you’re going to improve the team.”

"They are not going to help me and then bring in their own coach when we are free of the garbage. Probably my own fault for not even trying Serge at center"