Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

For What?

We're not going to be as bad as last year. Next years draft is going to be really top heavy, not like this year where you could get a great player in the mid-late lottery. Doesn't make sense to tank for a 6-8 pick. Might as well just try to win.

Worse than us:

BKN, NYK, LAL

In our tier:

SAC, CHI, IND, PHX, DAL, ATL

Near us last year but much improved:

PHI, MIN

Yes!!

Dodged Ingles and avoided Meeks. I'm digging it. (Actually like this move for Wizards bench, that's cheap if Meeks can ever be healthy).

The best move is still no move unless it's shedding contracts or taking fliers on some younger guys. It seems like we are going all for rolling with the roster we have and getting a top 5 pick next year.

Keep in mind there is a school of thought in the Magic organization that it really sets back young player development if the players are just given minutes and don't have to compete for them. See this article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-developmental-mistakes-0625-story.html

I don't know if I agree with the article or not, but it's at least a legitimate point of view. If the Magic think the points are valid, then they will have to get some vets for the younger guys to compete against, even if not Meeks or Ingles, in order to foster their development.

Keep in mind there is a school of thought in the Magic organization that it really sets back young player development if the players are just given minutes and don't have to compete for them. See this article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-developmental-mistakes-0625-story.html

I don't know if I agree with the article or not, but it's at least a legitimate point of view. If the Magic think the points are valid, then they will have to get some vets for the younger guys to compete against, even if not Meeks or Ingles, in order to foster their development.

A lot of elite players also point to getting minutes early on in their career helped with their development. Getting you ass handed to you night in and night out by better players is pretty sobering. You don't have to start them but they need a lot of minutes.

We're not going to be as bad as last year. Next years draft is going to be really top heavy, not like this year where you could get a great player in the mid-late lottery. Doesn't make sense to tank for a 6-8 pick. Might as well just try to win.

So be bad and get 6-8 or try and be good but still be bad and get 8-11? I rather the former.

Clips need a team to take on some salary if they get Galinari. I'd take Lou Will and a draft pick if that's possible.

...if you can't tell I really want us to make a trade.

Looking forward to this Magic vs Heat Sunmer League game at 3 pm today. Would be nice to see UCF's Matt Williams get some playing time, even if it's against us.

So be bad and get 6-8 or try and be good but still be bad and get 8-11? I rather the former.

Thats dumb though. Just play the players and win as many games as you deserve to win. It's pointless to hold guys out and play bad lineups to get the 6th pick in the draft. If you're going to tank, fully tank. If you're going to win, just win. Can't half ass it.

Thats dumb though. Just play the players and win as many games as you deserve to win. It's pointless to hold guys out and play bad lineups to get the 6th pick in the draft. If you're going to tank, fully tank. If you're going to win, just win. Can't half ass it.

Completely agree. Whatever your strategy is, you should always go full ass.