Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Both i guess.

Okc was in no hurry to give away ibaka. Ibaka was a really good bet to resign with any competent team.

It was reported just a few hours ago that George was telling his friends he still fully intends to sign with LA no matter where he's dealt.

So unless you're championship or bust, ibaka is worth more than George.

I gotta disagree. The perception of their contract situations needs to be factored in obviously, but PG is and has been so much better of a player than Ibaka that you have to say PG is more valuable.

I get it that PG seems more likely to leave then Ibaka, but we had zero guarantees of Ibaka staying either (and IMO didn't do our homework on his personality).

What is Indy doing???

Celtics offer on draft night for Paul George, per league source, was 3 first-round picks (not the Nets pick next... https://t.co/ItE6PTulen

The only justification I can find is that they're being petty and don't want the Cavs or Celtics to become stronger (Eastern rivals). They are also being petty by not sending PG to the Lakers right away

I gotta disagree. The perception of their contract situations needs to be factored in obviously, but PG is and has been so much better of a player than Ibaka that you have to say PG is more valuable.

I get it that PG seems more likely to leave then Ibaka, but we had zero guarantees of Ibaka staying either (and IMO didn't do our homework on his personality).

In a vacuum maybe. But its one year of George on this team worth more than a solid starter you can resign? I don't think so. For Cleveland absolutely. But what's the value of one year of a guy like that? How do you proceed with your team after he leaves that void? Doesn't really make sense.

1. We keep oladipo we're not resigning Fournier. Not going to spend 38 million on shooting guards.

2. We don't play Gordon out of position we trade for cousins we end up with enough wins to push us into late lottery.

3. Both guys leave anyway because Paul George is dead set on going to LA

1. Oladipo and Fournier are still here. doubt we EXTEND Vic but let market dictate his value this summer. with that scenario, we wait to trade Fournier or S&T Vic if cost is too high.

2. i would agree with this. Then we end up 9th and get DSJ instead :bronze_cup:

3. it's a gamble and hope Frank Vogel does enough to keep them happy on the court. But it's a gamble I'm willing to take considering what's being given up for these guys. We still have EP, Gordon, Mario, and whoever we just drafted.

That's such a stupid move

It really is. "Nah let's not worry too much about return. Let's make sure they're not good for a year before

PG dips." Meanwhile Boston has a **** ton of good picks for the next decade while playing in the eastern conference finals every year.