Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Ooof this doesn't look good

To be fair in the 2014 draft Noah Vonleh did receive a certain amount of hype as a potential top five pick. He is one of those high upside players that has the length and attributes that teams look for. The problem for him is that he hasn't come close to reaching his potential at this time. He's still young so he has time on his side, but currently he's not lived up to the draft hype. However, it is not surprising to see that some team would have had Vonleh high on their draft board because he was one of those risk-reward guys.

This year we have Jonathan Isaac. He's another one of those high upside players that has the length and attributes that teams look for, but it does comes with some risk if the offensive side of his game doesn't develop, he doesn't get bigger, and he doesn't add more consistency to his game. But that's the risk-reward factor with a player like Isaac. So in a sense it wouldn't surprise me if our new front office hold Isaac and that he's likely the top target at six if Fultz, Ball, Fox, Jackson and Tatum go in the top five.

Weltman wants guys that will give him different opinions, he doesnt want office full of guys who will agree with him.

Sounds like DeAllesandro fits the bill, to give us different perspective on players. Have to remember we are not hiring him to be our GM.

To be fair in the 2014 draft Noah Vonleh did receive a certain amount of hype as a potential top five pick. He is one of those high upside players that has the length and attributes that teams look for. The problem for him is that he hasn't come close to reaching his potential at this time. He's still young so he has time on his side, but currently he's not lived up to the draft hype. However, it is not surprising to see that some team would have had Vonleh high on their draft board because he was one of those risk-reward guys.

This year we have Jonathan Isaac. He's another one of those high upside players that has the length and attributes that teams look for, but it does comes with some risk if the offensive side of his game doesn't develop, he doesn't get bigger, and he doesn't add more consistency to his game. But that's the risk-reward factor with a player like Isaac. So in a sense it wouldn't surprise me if our new front office hold Isaac and that he's likely the top target at six if Fultz, Ball, Fox, Jackson and Tatum go in the top five.

I agree. I think people are making a big deal out of this.

A lot of people had Noah in the top 5 as well. I remember even people at this chat had Noah AND Exum above Gordon.

That been said, I dont think that board didnt mean anything as they ended up picking Staukas over Noah. I know that the owner push for Staukas but

Noah would it been a better pick for them.

So again, I dont kniw what the bIg deal is.

I agree. I think people are making a big deal out of this.

A lot of people had Noah in the top 5 as well. I remember even people at this chat had Noah AND Exum above Gordon.

That been said, I dont think that board didnt mean anything as they ended up picking Staukas over Noah. I know that the owner push for Staukas but

Noah would it been a better pick for them.

So again, I dont kniw what the bIg deal is.

Yup. We did not want none shooting and it was believed Noah could shoot, rebound great, block shots, and had a 7' 4" wingspan.

Exam was on my board 4 but Noah was above Gordon because of size and shooting.

Noah was also second youngest in draft next to Gordon who was the youngest. The league had not went full small ball yet. Gordon seemed a bad fit with Victor. We also picked more none shooting with Payton 10th in the draft. The Gm did not value shooting at all. He thought it was easy to teach.

Weltman wants guys that will give him different opinions, he doesnt want office full of guys who will agree with him.

Sounds like DeAllesandro fits the bill, to give us different perspective on players. Have to remember we are not hiring him to be our GM.

Jeff: Hammond likes A, but I want B. What do you think?

Pete: I like B too.

Jeff: Alright, A it is

I'm sorry but I found the article to be homerish. It's clear the writer is fighting for Mario to be successful and writes from that bent. I hope Mario makes it but he's got a ton of growing to do.

Nah. He's provided supporting data, quotes and an eye test that's pretty spot on.

Nah. He's provided supporting data, quotes and an eye test that's pretty spot on.

2 veteran nba coaches apparently can't recognize and/or develop talent when it's right in front of their noses.