Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Here's what I'd like to see us do in this offseason:

I'm sick of watching Vucevic play and we should focus on building a good basketball culture, and THEN try to win some games. Play a Center that can play defense, get guards that can shoot etc.

I think we should go full youth movement with some unselfish veterans to complete the roster.

I'd draft Smith or Monk and would start either at the Point Guard from day one.

I'd ship Vucevic and Fournier out for whatever we could get, even 2nd rounders.

I'd trade Payton or keep him as the backup PG.

I'd sign Jonathon Simmons to be our starting SG

I like Terrence Ross as the backup SG and would try to sign Terrence Jones to be the backup PF

I'd give Hezonja all the minutes he could handle as the secondary ball handler at SF. If he keeps sucking, we'd get his replacement in the solid 2018 draft

--

Starting 5

Smith or Monk

Simmons

Hezonja

Gordon

Biyombo

Thing about rookie point guards, it takes them a few years to get the hang of it.

Thing about rookie point guards, it takes them a few years to get the hang of it.

I'm aware of that. I just think we shot ourselves in the foot with that rushed "run for the playoffs", if we can even call it that.

I'm ready to be in the lottery for the next 5 years, I just don't want to watch a butter-soft Center with selfish teammates like Fournier, Augustin and even Meeks at times.

Payton is a hard worker and a nice guy, but his skillset limits him so badly

I'm aware of that. I just think we shot ourselves in the foot with that rushed "run for the playoffs", if we can even call it that.

I'm ready to be in the lottery for the next 5 years, I just don't want to watch a butter-soft Center with selfish teammates like Fournier, Augustin and even Meeks at times.

Payton is a hard worker and a nice guy, but his skillset limits him so badly

Is it dumb that I kinda fantasise that over the summer Elf gets serious, shaves all his hair off and spends his offseason fixing his shot (or trying)?

• Upvote 1

Is it dumb that I kinda fantasise that over the summer Elf gets serious, shaves all his hair off and spends his offseason fixing his shot (or trying)?

I hope that Hezonja puts his confidence issues to the side and becomes a Nicolas Batum clone so we're both dumb or just very optimistic fans :)

I hope that Hezonja puts his confidence issues to the side and becomes a Nicolas Batum clone so we're both dumb or just very optimistic fans :)/>

Oh I hope for something in that vein for Hezonja too. I think it's a matter of time. But with Payton I just can't get the hell over his hair impeding his shooting. That airballed free throw is just a d*** punch. It seems like a much easier, tangible path to resolution.

I'm probably overly optimistic as well but god it's not like Mario's never had raw talent, we've all seen flashes of it. It's kind of annoying because its not like he's had a traumatic on court event like Nick Anderson did that killed his confidence. He's got to get through it eventually. Just hope it's not too far down the track. Surely stability helps.

Oh I hope for something in that vein for Hezonja too. I think it's a matter of time. But with Payton I just can't get the hell over his hair impeding his shooting. That airballed free throw is just a d*** punch. It seems like a much easier, tangible path to resolution.

I'm probably overly optimistic as well but god it's not like Mario's never had raw talent, we've all seen flashes of it. It's kind of annoying because its not like he's had a traumatic on court event like Nick Anderson did that killed his confidence. He's got to get through it eventually. Just hope it's not too far down the track. Surely stability helps.

Let's hope so

copying from the other topic

Marc Stein‏Verified account

@ESPNSteinLine

The rising expectation in league circles is that Bucks GM John Hammond will join longtime colleague Jeff Weltman in Orlando as new Magic GM

copying from the other topic

Marc Stein‏Verified account

@ESPNSteinLine

The rising expectation in league circles is that Bucks GM John Hammond will join longtime colleague Jeff Weltman in Orlando as new Magic GM

Wouldn't be surprise.

Wonder if Lloyd stays on as an assistant?

How did we grab 2 GMs from what seem like good/improving teams?

Were any of them fired or on their way out?

It won't be a stretch to see Porter receive a payout of about four years and more than $100 million this summer. There will be another spike in the salary cap, and there will be teams eager to fill their salary space with a versatile 24-year-old who has improved in each of his four NBA seasons — Porter averaged 13.4 points and 6.4 rebounds per game, shooting career-highs from the field (51.6 percent), the 3-point line(43.4 percent) and the foul line (83.2 percent). Because Porter is a restricted free agent this summer, other teams can make offers for him, but the Wizards have the right to match any deal. Ideally, the Wizards and Porter will work something out quickly, something that keeps his annual salary more in line with that of his teammates (Beal is set to earn $23.7 million next year, and Wall will make $18million).

But, though Porter went to college at Georgetown and is comfortable in Washington, he has no incentive to give the Wizards a hometown discount.

“If his situation goes past the first couple of days of free agency,” one general manager told Sporting News, “it will cost them because some of these teams that have space and miss out on the players they have in mind to start with are going to move quickly to the restricted(free agents). And Otto Porter is going to be at the top of that list, even at $100 million.”

MagicThe Nets have long been rumored to be willing to pay up for Porter. The Wizards caught a break when the Mavericks traded for Nerlens Noel, another restricted free agent, because Dallas intends to make him an offer in the max range — the Mavs had intended to pursue Porter. League sources suggest the The Nets have long been rumored to be willing to pay up for Porter. The Wizards caught a break when the Mavericks traded for Nerlens Noel, another restricted free agent, because Dallas intends to make him an offer in the max range — the Mavs had intended to pursue Porter. League sources suggest the Magic and Sixers will also consider making offers for Porter.

http://www.sportingn..._medium=twitter

Gonna take some work to create that kind of cap space.