Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

here we are. season's over. Time to start planning toward next season.

here's some information:

Draft odds: 1- 8.8%; 2- 9.7%; 3- 10.7%; 4- 0%; 5- 26.1%; 6- 36%; 7- 8.4%; 8- 0.4%

assuming a 101 million salary cap, here's what our summer situation is going to look like:

Biyombo: 17,000,000

Fournier: 17,000,000

Vucevic 12,250,000

Ross: 10,500,000

Augustin: 7,250,000

Gordon: 5,504,000

Hezonja: 4,078,320

assuming the 4th pick in the draft: 3,841,000

Payton: 3,332,340

the 26th pick: 1'221,600

a waived Watson: 1,000,000

a minimum salary slot: 815,615

a minimum salary slot: 815,615

That comes to 84,608,490

so, making no other changes, we'll have 16,391,510 in salary cap space.

a max contract for a 0-6 year guy is $25,250,000. We would need to cut 8,858,490 to reach this level.

a max contract for a 7-9 year guy is 30,300,000. We would need to cut 13,908,490 to reach this level.

a max contract for a 10+ year guy is 35,350,000. We would need to cut 18,958,490 to reach this level.

The teams that project to have more cap space than us are Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, maybe Dallas but it requires weird Dirk situations, Miami (depending on renouncing a lot of their guys and if Bosh comes off the books which isn't a given), Minnesota, Philly.

Only Miami and Philly have max cap space right now. Other teams will try to get there. so instead of working the free agent market we need to see if we can leverage our cap room. Maybe we can get Crowder from boston so they can go after Hayward. Or Wilson chandler from Denver, or Courtney lee from the knicks.

i'll edit that again after the lottery after the lottery.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-pistons-game-0413-story.html

"Rob Hennigan’s five-year tenure as general manager likely will end in the coming days."

“It’s a deep draft, and you have to compete to win,” Vogel said. “That’s what you have to do. I believe in that. Karma is something that I can’t really say. But I believe in the basketball gods and caring about the right things and doing the right things. And that stuff gets rewarded.

“We competed to win every year in Indiana, and we ended up with Paul George and then Myles Turner at 10 and 11. The Boston Celtics years ago competed to lose to try to get Tim Duncan, and they didn’t get Tim Duncan. Things happen. I believe trying to build a winning culture is the most important thing for us.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-pistons-game-0413-story.html

"Rob Hennigan’s five-year tenure as general manager likely will end in the coming days."

“It’s a deep draft, and you have to compete to win,” Vogel said. “That’s what you have to do. I believe in that. Karma is something that I can’t really say. But I believe in the basketball gods and caring about the right things and doing the right things. And that stuff gets rewarded.

“We competed to win every year in Indiana, and we ended up with Paul George and then Myles Turner at 10 and 11. The Boston Celtics years ago competed to lose to try to get Tim Duncan, and they didn’t get Tim Duncan. Things happen. I believe trying to build a winning culture is the most important thing for us.”

the boston Celtics tanked for Duncan then ended up with some scrub named Chauncey Billups.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account

@WojVerticalNBA

Following

 More

Orlando has fired GM Rob Hennigan, league source tells @TheVertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account

@WojVerticalNBA

Following

 More

Orlando has fired GM Rob Hennigan, league source tells @TheVertical.

You can delete the thread I made if you want.

Welp, that was fast lol

You can delete the thread I made if you want.

Welp, that was fast lol

probably deserves its own thread.

I told everyone it happened 3+ weeks ago. There have been whispers of our staff looking for other jobs recently and Hennigan hasn't been around.

I was really hopeful about Rob especially after Otis sucked for so long. Here's hoping the next choice is better. What good candidates are out there?

I told everyone it happened 3+ weeks ago. There have been whispers of our staff looking for other jobs recently and Hennigan hasn't been around.

Yeah when that Stein article came out I knew it.

I'm not mad he's let go. I try to get people see things from other perspectives so I'll push ideas and possibilities.

My worry though, is who are they going to bring in. Vogel is sounding more and more like a GM lately.

Henny was in the dressing room last night after we beat Detroit alongside Martins & The Devos Family