Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

The real question: Does Martins need to go too?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does Martins need to go too?

• Yes...he is not capable of managing our franchise
    • No...it isn't his fault

Then Skiles is the only smart one in the bunch.

Maybe we should have kept him and flushed Hennigan. Telling that Skiles resigned, claiming "I'm not the right guy to coach this team"

Maybe because he wants to win and Hennigan clearly doesn't.

Maybe we should have kept him and flushed Hennigan. Telling that Skiles resigned, claiming "I'm not the right guy to coach this team"

Skiles pushed to trade Harris for Jennings and ilyasova

So we should've never abandoned the plan but we did using Skiles trade ideas which you say wasn't a good trade but Skiles was the smart one?

My God...

So we should've never abandoned the plan but we did using Skiles trade ideas which you say wasn't a good trade but Skiles was the smart one?

My God...

Hennigan should have gotten better value for one of our best players

And yes, we should have abandoned Hennigan's plan long ago. it, and he, are failures, as is the whole "tank" ideology.

The Harris trade didn't suck because we traded Harris. It sucked because we got nothing in return.

He pushed for the trade.

Hennigan was the one who got 0 value for it.

Rob got exactly what Skiles wanted. Probably should've gotten a pick but it would've been a weak pick anyways. Management should've never brought in Skiles.

Source?

Its been heavily reported that the trade was an olive branch to appease skiles. He wanted vets who knew his system, specifically someone to replace Payton. We wouldn't trade Payton. We compromised by getting two skiles players for one he didn't like.

He pushed for the trade.

Hennigan was the one who got 0 value for it.

Hard to leverage a players value when you have a coach trying to quit mid season. We didn't shop Harris around at all. We tried to get Jennings and ilyasova. They wanted Harris. We agreed to that deal.

The highest draft pick on Golden State is a #7. We've had 3 picks higher than that with nothing to show for it. Klay was not a top 10 pick, Draymond was not even a first round pick.

Nowsitzki was a #9 overall pick for Dallas. Again, we have had far higher picks than that with nothing to show for it.

Kobe Bryant was not even a top 10 pick, and was acquired by the Lakers for Vlade Divac. They then paired him with a superstar in Shaq via free agency, and later, Kobe led the Lakers to 2 more championships with free agent acquisitions such as Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

Hennigan has had the draft picks. And I think that most of us would even agree that he's done as well as possible with those picks. So what's missing? Putting the talent around them.

As every single one of these championship franchises have done. They don't continue to tank. They draft a guy, and then put talent around him.

Really good post, but I don't think these points are relative/fair to compare to what Henningan has done/failed to do.

Just beause Kobe/Dirk/Steph/Kwahi weren't number 1 picks, doesn't mean they didn't turn out to be that, just a lot of scouts/teams missed out. They are all hall of fame players that those franchises were lucky enough to get then build around with FA's. We never had a guy to build around. Imagine the call to Durant "hey Kev, come down and play with AG and Payton, we'll be a powerhouse!" "Nah sorry I think I'll go play with Steph, Klay and Dray". I think getting Shaq to play with Kobe in LA (when LA was still the easiest franchise to lure FAs) wasn't too difficult either, getting Millsap or Durant to come to Orlando was.

Just because we've picked a few players over the last years in the top 15-20 and previously so did the Lakers (Kobe), Mavs (Dirk), Spurs (Kwahi) and Warriors (Steph, Klay, Dray) doesn't mean in any way we could have built a winning team just like they did. You have to be very lucky/get the best scouts possible, and land a hall of famer like these teams did to build a franchise by luring FA's to play with them. We couldn't put talent around AG, Payton and Mario, the talent wanted to play elsewhere, with guys that are actually worth building around.

Hennigan should have gotten better value for one of our best players

And yes, we should have abandoned Hennigan's plan long ago. it, and he, are failures, as is the whole "tank" ideology.

The Harris trade didn't suck because we traded Harris. It sucked because we got nothing in return.

Long ago? You even said we should've never gone away from it.

You're back and forth man.