Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

The real question: Does Martins need to go too?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does Martins need to go too?

• Yes...he is not capable of managing our franchise
    • No...it isn't his fault

IMO...the one constant through years of underperformance has been Martins. He seems unable to bring in a GM with any vision or ability to build a team. Somehow like a cockroach he manages to survive for years despite everything else being killed off. This year its time to get out the Raid and get rid of the roaches too! You know my vote.

He was hired as the PR director and kept climbing the ladder somehow.

He got his MBA from ucf. And i mean ucf is fine, but it's not like he's a six sigma black belt.

Martins does his job title well. It's when he goes outside of his lane and tries to be an assistant GM. His mind set is to put butts in the seats. Rehiring BHill, hiring Skiles, he sees that the average low informed fan would get pump by that. "Awww man BHill is back. Back to the glory days. Take my money." Or "Loved Scotty as a player. Good hard nosed player. Good move. I'm going to get some season tickets. Take my money."

He just needs to stay out of it and let the GM sink or sail.

Martins does his job title well. It's when he goes outside of his lane and tries to be an assistant GM. His mind set is to put butts in the seats. Rehiring BHill, hiring Skiles, he sees that the average low informed fan would get pump by that. "Awww man BHill is back. Back to the glory days. Take my money." Or "Loved Scotty as a player. Good hard nosed player. Good move. I'm going to get some season tickets. Take my money."

He just needs to stay out of it and let the GM sink or sail.

Hill was Vanderwede

Hill was Vanderwede

Yeah but same mindset. Like you said, Martins worked his way up. He was surrounded by executives who thought the same way.

It's why I don't like that we're firing Henny. We'll never bring in that strong GM who never waivers from their plan.

Yes. Don't even like him as a PR guy. Felt the Magic have lagged in that area save for the Shaq/Penny and inaugural days.

Think a winning product helps

Yes. Mostly just because I believe Rob Hennigan would have been a lot more successful under an organisation willing to let him make his own decisions consistently. With this organisation it has constantly felt like "one move for Rob and one move to appease Martins/people Martins brought in"

I guess the biggest problem is the Magic owner is near death and wants to see us win which probably lead to this playoff push that caused most of the bad decisions.

Absolutely yes, a complete change in culture from top to bottom is needed. Can't fire the DeVos family so firing Martins is the highest up you can go.

Agree

Live or Die and I were talking about this the other day. Whiteboard gate almost looked like something from higher than Rob. Like we were trying to add people that seem like good names vs good fits for the team. Why go after Saric? Resign Green? Bring back Tobias?

Why did Rob move from the youth movement to playoffs now? It doesn't fit with a guy that came from a build slow and sustainable type program(s). It does fit with a short sighted group that has no real idea of how to build a team over time. Every time we recycle an ex player or coach in some new role it just looks like a group that is hiring based on past relationships vs the best basketball decesion.

• Upvote 1

Live or Die and I were talking about this the other day. Whiteboard gate almost looked like something from higher than Rob. Like we were trying to add people that seem like good names vs good fits for the team. Why go after Saric? Resign Green? Bring back Tobias?

Why did Rob move from the youth movement to playoffs now? It doesn't fit with a guy that came from a build slow and sustainable type program(s). It does fit with a short sighted group that has no real idea of how to build a team over time. Every time we recycle an ex player or coach in some new role it just looks like a group that is hiring based on past relationships vs the best basketball decesion.

Welcome back