Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

GM Candidates to Consider

Weaver scares me a bit after watching Presti disassemble a could be dynasty and send us Hennigan

I think the dissembling was more ownership related

I think the dissembling was more ownership related

Anyone wants to give Vogel full control and let him assume GM position too?

I'm against giving coaches roster privileges in almost all cases. They're often bad at it.

No. I don't know if that has ever worked.

Stay in your line. It's not always true but most of the time it's pretty sound advice.

No. I don't know if that has ever worked.

Stay in your line. It's not always true but most of the time it's pretty sound advice.

its only really popovich. but I think popovich is the exception because he's really an unconventional/exceptional person first.

ESPN just launched a list of upcoming candidates to watch for GM positions. Here's the scoop on Zarren:

"Mike Zarren, Boston Celtics assistant general manager/team counsel

When Zarren graduated Harvard Law, he had his choice of plumb jobs from glitzy firms but opted for an unpaid internship with the Celtics, the team he grew up worshiping. A decade later, Zarren -- the leading vote-getter by a wide margin -- has established himself as a fixture in Boston as an affable, brainy exec with a mastery of the collective bargaining agreement and sharp negotiating skills, and he knows how to spot good basketball operations personnel.

Most execs watch home games from a nervous perch in the tunnel, in the dark recesses of the video room or in their office, but Zarren attends them with his dad, Celtics pin on his lapel. He flirted with the opening in Philadelphia in 2013 and has received several nibbles from other teams. He'll undoubtedly continue to appear on short lists, but he's likely to be selective in pursuit of his next opportunity."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18995570/nba-front-office-prospects-watch

If we don't get rid of Martins too I expect he will want to save money on the new GM hire. That being said he already has the "Welcome Back Kotter" 8 track as a leftover from the Brian Hill #2 signing. He could use it and do what the usual Magic MO is and bring back Otis Smith....lol.

I wonder if SVG is tired of coaching because anyone and everyone would want out of Detroit....because it is...well..Detroit. Could we bring him back as GM only?

God I hope we finally get rid of Martins...he has run his course here.

If we don't get rid of Martins too I expect he will want to save money on the new GM hire. That being said he already has the "Welcome Back Kotter" 8 track as a leftover from the Brian Hill #2 signing. He could use it and do what the usual Magic MO is and bring back Otis Smith....lol.

I wonder if SVG is tired of coaching because anyone and everyone would want out of Detroit....because it is...well..Detroit. Could we bring him back as GM only?

God I hope we finally get rid of Martins...he has run his course here.

I want nothing to do with Stan the GM.