Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

GM Candidates to Consider

If you had to pick one and why

Schlenk. I like the way his last name sounds. It kind of rolls off the tongue.

If you had to pick one and why

Troy weaver

Kendrick Perkins: When I got traded from there like two years ago, do you know after I got traded, me and Sam (Presti) talked, and (assistantgeneral manager) Troy Weaver and they actually told me to come by the practice facility. And you know we sat in the office and hugged and cried for about 35-40 minutes, all three of us.”

Espn- Respected as one of the top personnel guys in basketball, Troy Weaver not only has a discerning eye for raw basketball talent, but a feel for whether a player’s emotional makeup conforms to the team culture the Thunder hold as sacrosanct. He’s an obsessive student of the NBA history, with an understanding and love of the game. This database allows him to consider every decision in a smart context.

He's got like 13 years of experience as an assistant gm

He was an assistant coach with Syracuse and recruited Carmelo.

Just seems like a really well rounded guy.

Troy weaver

Kendrick Perkins: When I got traded from there like two years ago, do you know after I got traded, me and Sam (Presti) talked, and (assistantgeneral manager) Troy Weaver and they actually told me to come by the practice facility. And you know we sat in the office and hugged and cried for about 35-40 minutes, all three of us.”

Espn- Respected as one of the top personnel guys in basketball, Troy Weaver not only has a discerning eye for raw basketball talent, but a feel for whether a player’s emotional makeup conforms to the team culture the Thunder hold as sacrosanct. He’s an obsessive student of the NBA history, with an understanding and love of the game. This database allows him to consider every decision in a smart context.

I like his name too. Reminds me a little of Tom Seaver, one of my favorite pitchers.

Troy weaver

Yeah he's a good candidate. I'd be intrigued with what he could do here.

However, we'll sign Geert Hammink.