Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Hornets at Magic Gamethread

Our starters are playing very well and win the +/- in most games

our bench needs upgrading...next year we WILL be a force.

Our starters are playing very well and win the +/- in most games

our bench needs upgrading...next year we WILL be a force.

Our starters need upgrading too.

Our starters need upgrading too.

Not saying that they do not...but check the +/- since the all star break...

we actually out perform most other teams starters.... positive.

But yeah upgrades are needed. Bench and starters.

Just i found it interesting.. they mesh rather well

Mario is more than a spot up shooter. Last year he showed that and this game he did too.

Or maybe he's less than a spot up shooter. He shot 3 for 12 in this game. He was drafted primarily as a shooter. If he can't do that consistently, and his shooting percentage for this year is terrible, then he won't be much use to us (or probably to anyone else in the NBA either).

Or maybe he's less than a spot up shooter. He shot 3 for 12 in this game. He was drafted primarily as a shooter. If he can't do that consistently, and his shooting percentage for this year is terrible, then he won't be much use to us (or probably to anyone else in the NBA either).

I don't think he's the type of shooter that can just come in cold and just fire away like Korver. I think he's the type of shooter that gets more confident with rhythm with more touches and more opportunities like getting to the hole and scoring and the line. He's more of a Kobe Bryant (and please don't think I'm saying he's as good or talented) than a JJ or Korver. He needs the ball in hands. He's a scorer in the making not a strictly spot up shooter. This is where Skiles was using him more effectively than Vogel offensively but defensively he was behind from the team probably due to the summer games in Croatia.

I don't think he's the type of shooter that can just come in cold and just fire away like Korver. I think he's the type of shooter that gets more confident with rhythm with more touches and more opportunities like getting to the hole and scoring and the line. He's more of a Kobe Bryant (and please don't think I'm saying he's as good or talented) than a JJ or Korver. He needs the ball in hands. He's a scorer in the making not a strictly spot up shooter. This is where Skiles was using him more effectively than Vogel offensively but defensively he was behind from the team probably due to the summer games in Croatia.

Gotta give you credit for finding creative excuses for him. He had twelve shots last night and hit three. How many shots does he need to get his "rhythm"? Twenty? Thirty? Or maybe he's only in rhythm on weekends?

Gotta give you credit for finding creative excuses for him. He had twelve shots last night and hit three. How many shots does he need to get his "rhythm"? Twenty? Thirty? Or maybe he's only in rhythm on weekends?

Excuses or reasons. Know the difference right?

Should I go back and find scorers with bad shooting nights?

I've said for quite sometime the excuses for Mario and AG get out of hand on here.

I don't think we use Mario in the best way possible but having said that his play is still terrible.

I've said for quite sometime the excuses for Mario and AG get out of hand on here.

I don't think we use Mario in the best way possible but having said that his play is still terrible.

Ok but saying he fell behind with the new coaching staff/plays/philosophy by playing in Croatia is a reason.

Saying he can't shoot because he doesn't like the rims would be an excuse.

Both AG and Mario are so fairly young. Thats not made up. Just the truth.

Being pulled away from your strength and play entirely different than your accustomed to is a pretty damn good reason.

Saying you can't shoot or dribble because the barber screwed up your cut is an excuse.