Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Best and Worst Part of the Season Thread

We just tried to zig while everyone else was zagging and it failed miserably. The entire NBA has moved to fast-pace, small-ball with a ton of shooting and high offensive numbers. We decided to go big and play slow, and build a team around defense. It was a risk, in a lot of ways a really dumb risk, especially when you consider our two best prospects are significantly better when we play fast-paced.

Best part of the season for me would be the Oklahoma City win with Serge's game winner. At least that was one of the few games where I thought we'd have a chance to be something better than we wound up being.

Worst part of the season for me has been watching CJ Watson, DJ Augustin and Jeff Green all on the court at the same time, taking turns being terrible.

I was going to the OKC game too as best.

Worst was the 40 point blowout by the Hornets.

Best: West coast trip when we went 4-1, including win at San Antonio, and should have beat Memphis to go 5-0.

Worst: The rest of the season

Yeah this, if somehow something just clicked and all of a sudden they could shoot. And somehow they serged after those wins and became something better.

Alas, it was fools gold.

Good thread, thoughtful comments by everyone, 90% of which I agree with.

There may be an argument with not having given Mario more PT, although there is a hindsight factor to that. For Mario, at least, I don't think anyone could say that he's been playing out of position. Could we have done more things to increase his possibility for success, such as running more plays for him off screens, and keeping him moving instead of standing in the corner? I think the answer is yes. Having said that, he's still missed a disturbing number of good looks, and sometimes it seems he's guiding the ball instead of shooting it.

I'd say my biggest concern, now that we're nearing the end of this season, is that it looks like we're in a pretty deep hole, and there may not be any way out over the next few years, unless some of our players show a great deal more improvement in the future than they've shown so far.

Good thread, thoughtful comments by everyone, 90% of which I agree with.

There may be an argument with not giving Mario more PT, although there is a hindsight factor to that. For Mario, at least, I don't think there's any argument that he's been playing out of position. Could we have done more things to increase his possibility for success, such as running more plays for him off screens, and keeping him moving instead of standing in the corner? I think the answer is yes. Having said that, he's still missed a disturbing number of good looks, and sometimes it seems he's guiding the ball instead of shooting it.

I'd say my biggest concern, now that we're nearing the end of this season, is that it looks like we're in a pretty deep hole, and there may not be any way out over the next few years, unless some of our players show a great deal more improvement in the future than they've shown so far.

This is my thoughts, regarding the last paragraph.

Whether people like love or hate Mario and AG--if they don't both drastically improve this franchise is going to be years away from anything. We all just have to collectively hope they both improve.

Another best for me was AG's whuppin' of the Clips

Another low for me was AG's epic fail in the dunk contest

Oh that's a good one!

I'm switching my low to the dunk contest. I was hyped for that for a year. That was a huge letdown.

Best: Road wins at OKC and San Antonio. The OKC Ibaka return home game was epic.

Worse: Payton Inconsistant playing, Lack of progress and playing time with Mario, Not been able to see play Ibaka and Gordon in the 5 and 4 respectively and finally, The low activity, participation and hate going on in the Forum.

Best part of the season- when it ends

Worst part of the season- all of our off season moves. If we would have kept Dedmon instead of way over-paying Bis, and not traded Vic, Ersan, and our pick for Ibaka, I think we could have found some better trades at the deadline and had a lot more cap space going forward.

The only move I'm happy with is getting Ross and a 1st for Ibaka, but would trading Vic, Ersan, and our 16 1st for Ross and Toronto's 17 1st been a good deal or could we have done better?

The worse part of the season was the Gordon slam dunk. The season was already lost with us going with big lineups and benching our best scorer Vuch. The slam dunk was just a kick in the face.

The best part was not making a dumb trade at the trade deadline and going small with the ross trade. We now have 4 very good picks in this deep draft.now Payton and Gordon are looking promising again. And even Mario, with his dunk and layup miss self, is looking like we have something at the 4 spot. If Mario can start shooting lights out - watch out. I know the kid is a much better shooter. I believe, he was rated the top shooter in the draft above Devin Booker. He needs to stop passing up wide open shots and shoot with confidence. It is funny, his biggest strength coming out the draft was confidence and shooting. Now he is lacking in both areas.

The worse part of the season was the Gordon slam dunk. The season was already lost with us going with big lineups and benching our best scorer Vuch. The slam dunk was just a kick in the face.

The best part was not making a dumb trade at the trade deadline and going small with the ross trade. We now have 4 very good picks in this deep draft.now Payton and Gordon are looking promising again. And even Mario, with his dunk and layup miss self, is looking like we have something at the 4 spot. If Mario can start shooting lights out - watch out. I know the kid is a much better shooter. I believe, he was rated the top shooter in the draft above Devin Booker. He needs to stop passing up wide open shots and shoot with confidence. It is funny, his biggest strength coming out the draft was confidence and shooting. Now he is lacking in both areas.

Do you realize how many players in the NBA you could say that for?

"If player X could do Y at an elite level, watch out"

Do you realize how many players in the NBA you could say that for?

"If player X could do Y at an elite level, watch out"

He came out as an elite level shooter. He needs more comfort and time on the court.