Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Magic @ Kings

Mario was sub par too. Looked much better against Chicago despite the difference in shooting numbers.

You play great defense and miss a few shots in the scope of the offense. Ok, that's fine as long as it's not habitual.

You play iffy defense, force up a couple horrible shots, get a few breakaways to pad that fg% and hit a heavily contested buzzer beating three (that wasnt his fault. Ball just found him late). That's not good.

Process>results

It is habitual though. He's shooting 37% for the season and 31% from three. That's not just one or two off nights. He was drafted as a shooter/scorer.

It is habitual though. He's shooting 37% for the season and 31% from three. That's not just one or two off nights. He was drafted as a shooter/scorer.

How different would the outlook of this team be with Booker and Saric?

His numbers are still being dragged down by early season issues.

He shot 11% from 3 in November, 43% from 3 in December, 39% in January, 42% in February. March remains to be seen.

He doesn't have the volume. Only 33 for 106 on the season. Comparatively, Payton is 34/132.

Had hezonja hit 4 threes that he missed throughout the season his percentages would bounce back to 35%.

Small margin of error.

How different would the outlook of this team be with Booker and Saric?

im not sure.

You don't think it's a little intellectually dishonest to say Payton's stats don't matter because they're in the scope of a 24-44 win team but Saric's stats do matter on a 24-42 win team and bookers 22-45 team.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be down on Payton, but you should at least be consistent.

it's funny going on Reddit after the Chicago game and other teams fans were saying "YOU'RE TRYING TO DUMP THIS GUY???"

they weren't right, it's just a grass is always greener effect.

im not sure.

You don't think it's a little intellectually dishonest to say Payton's stats don't matter because they're in the scope of a 24-44 win team but Saric's stats do matter on a 24-42 win team and bookers 22-45 team.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be down on Payton, but you should at least be consistent.

it's funny going on Reddit after the Chicago game and other teams fans were saying "YOU'RE TRYING TO DUMP THIS GUY???"

they weren't right, it's just a grass is always greener effect.

I agree with this, and until these guys start winning games I won't be too excited about them. Even Towns / Wiggins

With that said, great loss for the tank

I agree with this, and until these guys start winning games I won't be too excited about them. Even Towns / Wiggins

With that said, great loss for the tank

eh, I think we can attach some nuance. We know Anthony Davis is good despite low wins. There's an efficiency there with shooting. other guys bring him down. Same with Towns.

Wiggins eFG% leaves some room for doubt, just like Booker or Payton.

Loved the play where Payton threw an ally oop to Ross.

He was instructing everyone to make that play happen.

If this kid could just learn how to shoot...

Loved the play where Payton threw an ally oop to Ross.

He was instructing everyone to make that play happen.

If this kid could just learn how to shoot...

yesterday Rubio put up a 22 point 19 assist 53/40/100 game on John Wall.

Maybe we shouldn't judge a guy based on his ceiling but based on his median game?

yesterday Rubio put up a 22 point 19 assist 53/40/100 game on John Wall.

Maybe we shouldn't judge a guy based on his ceiling but based on his median game?

It's hard for me to have confidence in any of our players, especially EP. He's been so inconsistent in his career, including this year. Couple that with his inability to shoot and stretch the defense. I see him as a Shaun Livingston type, a guy who can come off the bench for a great team. I have doubts EP, or Rubio for that matter, can be the starting PG on a championship team.

It's hard for me to have confidence in any of our players, especially EP. He's been so inconsistent in his career, including this year. Couple that with his inability to shoot and stretch the defense. I see him as a Shaun Livingston type, a guy who can come off the bench for a great team. I have doubts EP, or Rubio for that matter, can be the starting PG on a championship team.

That's my point.

• Upvote 1