Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ hornets

I get you have trouble with complex thoughts but it's possible for a guy to play well while not shooting well. Not always, but he was fine against Chicago.

Leaving aside the gratuitous personal attack about my having trouble with complex thoughts (if you knew anything about me at all, you'd know how totally ridiculous that statement is), I stand by my earlier comment. Mario was drafted for the primary purpose of being an outside shooting threat. Yes, he has to play acceptable defense, rebound, pass, and all the rest, but presumably someone else could do most of those things better. He needs to be a shooter to be successful.

Yes, anyone can have a bad shooting night or two, but in the past 6 games, where the assertion is being made he was playing well (until last night), he is shooting 35% overall and 21% from 3 point range. In four of those six games, he made 0 three pointers. I will continue to challenge anyone who is saying that a shooter is playing well when he's having a stretch like that. Only home team fans would set the bar so low.

A loss by 50 or a loss by 1 all count the same. Idc. #TankOn

Since it doesn't matter, maybe we can lose by 80 or 100 and set a record. Or better yet, just forfeit, and don't subject all the fans of both teams to watching a farce.

Leaving aside the gratuitous personal attack about my having trouble with complex thoughts (if you knew anything about me at all, you'd know how totally ridiculous that statement is), I stand by my earlier comment. Mario was drafted for the primary purpose of being an outside shooting threat. Yes, he has to play acceptable defense, rebound, pass, and all the rest, but presumably someone else could do most of those things better. He needs to be a shooter to be successful.

Yes, anyone can have a bad shooting night or two, but in the past 6 games, where the assertion is being made he was playing well (until last night), he is shooting 35% overall and 21% from 3 point range. In four of those six games, he made 0 three pointers. I will continue to challenge anyone who is saying that a shooter is playing well when he's having a stretch like that. Only home team fans would set the bar so low.

It's all relative I guess. Playing well for Mario is playing average by non Magic fans. Our bar is set very low.

Agree with all of this.

Mario gets a major pass on here. Bottom line, his entire game needs to improves but at the very least his shooting does.

It's all relative I guess. Playing well for Mario is playing average by non Magic fans. Our bar is set very low.

Yep. The bar is extremely low.

Since it doesn't matter, maybe we can lose by 80 or 100 and set a record. Or better yet, just forfeit, and don't subject all the fans of both teams to watching a farce.

I'd be fine with this too.