Sign in to follow this  
UEBERMORTAL

Magic at Wizards

You need something to fill out the team with. You create a bad team with bad habits on purpose. You then trade all of them? For what?

I'd assume obtaining bad players for your tank wouldn't require 5 year deals. You could probably just run some 1+1 contracts

Dude, please stop. We didn't sign guys last off-season in the hopes of being a bad team. In fact the organization was talking "playoffs or bust" since the moment Vogel signed on. Trading for Ibaka was a bold move and it didn't work out. Unfortunately by that time we were already 15 games under and the season was lost, but that was clearly not the goal of the organization. The point is and has always been that it more important at this point to have the best chance of getting the best player possible in the draft. Winning meaningless games right now has no impact on how we play next season whatsoever.

I agree with everything you said until the last sentence. And that's the approach I want us to continue, as you say making "bold moves" to try to move this team forward.

As far as this season is concerned, I can see both sides of the tanking discussion.

I'd assume obtaining bad players for your tank wouldn't require 5 year deals. You could probably just run some 1+1 contracts

Lol is this a serious way to build a team? How many future players will want to play for an organization that believes in this philosophy? Sounds like you want to make the team the garbage bin of the league. "Give us all your bad players!" Do you not see what kind of message that sends to everyone?

Lol is this a serious way to build a team? How many future players will want to play for an organization that believes in this philosophy? Sounds like you want to make the team the garbage bin of the league. "Give us all your bad players!" Do you not see what kind of message that sends to everyone?

I'm not really talking about us. We're kind of in a weird position with a handful of young players maturing and already on/ getting on extensions.

I'm talking about what should have happened beginning 2013.

As far as your concerns, i guess we'll see if Philly has any long term issues.