Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Hawks

If you go on the reports RealGm page, there's like a 9 page thread on people saying they shouldn't have traded Ross.

I think our posters here are better than the real gm ones.

Ross had, arguably, the third best game of his career yesterday. The second game he's played with us.

I don't know what that means. Was it a coincidence? Is it a weird lack of game tape thing that caught Atlanta off guard?

Who knows. Like i said earlier if you were checking boxes for everything you'd look for in a sleeper he hits all of them. Its going to be interesting to watch these next few weeks to learn what he is.

There was a moment that I saw him throw his hands up when he didn't get a pass even though we scored that made me cringe, he has been tasked with being the main offensive guy, but now that he isn't taking like twenty or so shots a game, he is clearly getting frustrated.

Just watched the game and saw this moment. It was actually a great play with excellent ball movement that resulted in a high percentage shot. If you see your teammates make an excellent play that results in a basket and your first thought is how frustrated you are that you didn't get the ball (in the first quarter), you're not out there for your teammates. You're out there for yourself. Ross may jack up more shots than Evan when it's all said and done but he's also a willing passer and takes his shots in the flow of the offense. The ball didn't stick with Ross last night. Hopefully Ross can keep it going and make Evan expendable in the summer.

• Upvote 2

He may hurt the tank, but I'm just looking at it as Terrance Ross is our 2017 draft pick and we got to have him 25ish games early.

There's some value in seeing if you have something the rest of the year. Counting the last 2 games you have 24 games to evaluate. if you go something like 16 and 8 you're looking at 54 win pace (though sample size you're probably closer to 45 wins) and you no longer need to tank because that record shows you found a borderline all star in Ross or Gordon or Payton.

the problem is we look too good now. I don't see a plausible path to tanking. The next few games are knicks, heat, wizards, knicks, bulls, hornets with 4 of 6 at home. we get 3 days off before starting this stretch. The knicks lost porzingis for a couple weeks. we're better than the heat.

There's some value in seeing if you have something the rest of the year. Counting the last 2 games you have 24 games to evaluate. if you go something like 16 and 8 you're looking at 54 win pace (though sample size you're probably closer to 45 wins) and you no longer need to tank because that record shows you found a borderline all star in Ross or Gordon or Payton.

Ehh, I am of the opinion that we should still try to get as good of a pick as we can this year- we can evaluate without winning. There is little reason to win more games when winning those games will likely only serve to make us a worse team next year and into the future.

Instead, Vogel should use the last 24 games to experiment with different funky line ups. Try playing Gordon at Center. Play Mario at Point Guard. Give Mario a game where most plays are run through him. Give Ross a game where most plays are run through him. See how much different players are capable of doing.

That way, we are still evaluating, but we aren't stealing from our future for short term satisfaction.

Ehh, I am of the opinion that we should still try to get as good of a pick as we can this year- we can evaluate without winning. There is little reason to win more games when winning those games will likely only serve to make us a worse team next year and into the future.

Instead, Vogel should use the last 24 games to experiment with different funky line ups. Try playing Gordon at Center. Play Mario at Point Guard. Give Mario a game where most plays are run through him. Give Ross a game where most plays are run through him. See how much different players are capable of doing.

That way, we are still evaluating, but we aren't stealing from our future for short term satisfaction.

we should be going for a better pick but you cant just miss shots on purpose or turn the ball over. every tanking team is still trying to win, they just are put in a position to lose. we're too good now. There's no way we're going to end up with fewer than, like, 28 wins going forward. We play Brooklyn twice, phoenix, philly, knicks twice, charlotte twice, sacramento.

Just watched the game and saw this moment. It was actually a great play with excellent ball movement that resulted in a high percentage shot. If you see your teammates make an excellent play that results in a basket and your first thought is how frustrated you are that you didn't get the ball (in the first quarter), you're not out there for your teammates. You're out there for yourself. Ross may jack up more shots than Evan when it's all said and done but he's also a willing passer and takes his shots in the flow of the offense. The ball didn't stick with Ross last night. Hopefully Ross can keep it going and make Evan expendable in the summer.

Fournier is a selfish douche...I really loathe him right now

we should be going for a better pick but you cant just miss shots on purpose or turn the ball over. every tanking team is still trying to win, they just are put in a position to lose. we're too good now. There's no way we're going to end up with fewer than, like, 28 wins going forward. We play Brooklyn twice, phoenix, philly, knicks twice, charlotte twice, sacramento.

For sure, but it is unlikely we would have lost that many games going forward anyway. We were on pace for at least 30 games even if we kept Ibaka.