Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Hawks

Wasn't sure about the T-Ross deal when we made it, but after 2 games, I'm pretty damn excited.

Ross under contract for 2 more years at roughly 10 mil makes him a much better value than Oladipo. That deal as a whole is looking pretty damn good right now.

Crazy what having a player at the SF position that can actually score does.

Team is so much more open and quick. I thought when we made the Ibaka trade this lineup would win us a few more games--they're gonna do just that.

The frustrating part of all of this, is why did we wait so long to play tempo and to play Aaron at the 4? Even if it meant trading Serge a month ago or, God forbid, playing him at the 5 with Aaron next to him... We pulled the same stuff last year where we took forever to make adjustments, lost a ton of games, and then when the playoffs were unattainable, went on a run to do nothing but lower the value of our draft pick... Ugh.. At least we got a win against Dwight in Orlando...

The frustrating part of all of this, is why did we wait so long to play tempo and to play Aaron at the 4? Even if it meant trading Serge a month ago or, God forbid, playing him at the 5 with Aaron next to him... We pulled the same stuff last year where we took forever to make adjustments, lost a ton of games, and then when the playoffs were unattainable, went on a run to do nothing but lower the value of our draft pick... Ugh.. At least we got a win against Dwight in Orlando...

It was a secret plot by Henny to get us playing well and get a good draft pick at the same time

/s

Ibaka was a statue out there. AG seemed very reluctant to play the 4.

AG never should have left the 4. We never should have made deals moving him to the 3, but that's history. Getting Ross and a first for Ibaka looks great for us.

Ross is a much more complete player than I ever thought he was. We all knew he could shoot, but the passing, defense and even the ability to create his own shot are an added bonus.

Vogel saying press conference that Aaron is better at the 4 and Fournier better at the 3. Saying we were too slow at multiple positions.

listening to the post game coverage and it seems to be the general consensus that AG's natural position is the 4. Why wasn't this move made sooner?? Seems like everyone but our coaching staff was aware of this.

listening to the post game coverage and it seems to be the general consensus that AG's natural position is the 4. Why wasn't this move made sooner?? Seems like everyone but our coaching staff was aware of this.

Our GM traded for Ibaka. That's why AG wasn't at the 4 sooner, also AG didn't want to play the 4.

This could be a bit off topic, but just thought people should know that if you have DirecTV, there is a free NBA LeaguePass preview today and tomorrow.

"It's part of the plan. I want the league to think I don't know what I'm doing. I've been eyeing Ross from the very beginning. Ibaka was never the target. He was the decoy I needed to lose so we get the draft pick we want." Rob Hennigan

I'm sure Vogel was in on that trade and OK'd it. I think he was reluctant to play small ball also.

Yeah. We tried to recreate Indiana with ibaka as the David west role.

Yeah. We tried to recreate Indiana with ibaka as the David west role.

Right, but with Payton as George Hill, Fournier as Lance Stephenson, Gordon as Paul George, and Vucevic as Roy Hibbert... That was either extremely optimistic, or extremely dumb...