Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Dallas

Do you think the current roster was inevitable based on our draft position the past 4-5 years?

Yup. Wiggins and Porzingis makes things a lot more enticing imo but even then, those two currently aren't on TD, Shaq, or LeBron's level presently.

Just take a look at our own history. Our success began from the draft. Shaq, Penny, Dwight. We signed one of the best perimeter players in Tmac and still didn't get much out of it but entertainment. Drafting is so important and you just gotta have some luck. We had immense amount with Shaq and Penny. Gabe wasn't some uber genius GM. We just got lucky with the Ping pongs at the right time which attracted free agents down the road.

Why because a different GM is going to automatically have better luck in the draft?

Please stop with the luck thing, it's a tried argument to defend a GM that has been a train wreck.

Harris deal was one of the worst deals in resent memory.

Oladipo deal was an absolute fleece job by OKC and I was never even a dipo guy.

Harkless leaves for nothing.

Jeff green 15 mil.

Biz 75.

DJ 30.

Trading for Payton. (Saric anyone?)

Stubbornly sticking with Payton.

I'm probably missing other poor moves but it's irritating just thinking about them.

And there have been plenty of good players drafted after we selected our picks.

If you think the only reason Rob has been bad was due to draft luck, you aren't looking at the entire picture.

• Upvote 2

Keep AG , trade everyone !

AG isn't even a good NBA player, I'm amazed at how much of a pass he gets on here cause he can dunk good.

Please stop with the luck thing, it's a tried argument to defend a GM that has been a train wreck.

Harris deal was one of the worst deals in resent memory.

Oladipo deal was an absolute fleece job by OKC and I was never even a dipo guy.

Harkless leaves for nothing.

Jeff green 15 mil.

Biz 75.

DJ 30.

Trading for Payton. (Saric anyone?)

Stubbornly sticking with Payton.

I'm probably missing other poor moves but it's irritating just thinking about them.

And there have been plenty of good players drafted after we selected our picks.

If you think the only reason Rob has been bad was due to draft luck, you aren't looking at the entire picture.

I'm not missing it you're just majoring in the minors with your argument.

AG isn't even a good NBA player, I'm amazed at how much of a pass he gets on here cause he can dunk good.

His defense is elite , you don't need to score double digits to have an impact . I saw the guy shutting PG , Lebron and Millsap down , he also is 21 and his 3 point shot has improved.

His defense is elite , you don't need to score double digits to have an impact . I saw the guy shutting PG , Lebron and Millsap down , he also is 21 and his 3 point shot has improved.

So he's Tony Allen? That's great. We just need 4 better players starting next to him. I don't hate AG, and if I was gonna pick a player to keep around off this dunpster fire of a team--it would be AG--I'm just saying in no way is he off the block IMO.

I find it hilarious that Seth Curry, DeAndre Liggins, Dewayne Dedmon, Moe Harkless etc. are having success as role players in other teams

This is kind of the underlying, not talked about, issue with this franchise. Literally when players leave here, young players, they seem to get better.

We do not develop players at all.

I find it hilarious that Seth Curry, DeAndre Liggins, Dewayne Dedmon, Moe Harkless etc. are having success as role players in other teams

They're role players. Replace ours with them and we'd still suck.