dshawg77

Lifelong Magic Fan-Can No Longer Support This Team BC of Devos

I think Pulse affected more people and their beliefs then you think.

In the same article.

"Advocates point to one DeVos relationship that they say gives them hope for how she may approach LGBT issues: Greg McNeilly, a political adviser to DeVos and the chief operating officer of the DeVos family’s company Windquest Group, is gay and was one of the first to marry his same-sex partner in Michigan after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. McNeilly declined to comment for this story.

Stephanie White, executive director of Equality Michigan, said she believes that with McNeilly as an influence, DeVos’ views on LGBT issues have evolved. She noted that DeVos doesn’t speak out against gay rights, and even called on Dave Agema, a Michigan Republican National Committee member, to step down from the RNC in 2014 after making comments highly critical of gays.

“She’s shown a capacity to grow in her understanding of LGBT issues,” White said."

It's probably a good thing Trump believes in equality for the LGBT community too.

Like I said, day by day.

I think Pulse affected more people and their beliefs then you think.

In the same article.

"Advocates point to one DeVos relationship that they say gives them hope for how she may approach LGBT issues: Greg McNeilly, a political adviser to DeVos and the chief operating officer of the DeVos family’s company Windquest Group, is gay and was one of the first to marry his same-sex partner in Michigan after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. McNeilly declined to comment for this story.

Stephanie White, executive director of Equality Michigan, said she believes that with McNeilly as an influence, DeVos’ views on LGBT issues have evolved. She noted that DeVos doesn’t speak out against gay rights, and even called on Dave Agema, a Michigan Republican National Committee member, to step down from the RNC in 2014 after making comments highly critical of gays.

“She’s shown a capacity to grow in her understanding of LGBT issues,” White said."

It's probably a good thing Trump believes in equality for the LGBT community too.

Like I said, day by day.

I'm not sure trump believes that

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5892a812e4b0af07cb6b8672?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Meh, Huffpost. They're not very honest over there.

The order, first reported by The Nation and Reveal, isn’t final, and appears to be among hundreds of draft executive orders being circulated that won’t necessarily become policy, ABC News reported. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a White House spokeswoman, told ABC: “We do not have plans to sign anything at this time but will let you know when we have any updates.”

Again, wait and see. I think Trump is honest about equal rights for LGBT. The man is more blue on some social issues than people think.

I kind of agree -- the whole amway scam thing really turns me off too -- and financially supporting the team by buying tickets to games is supporting this scam.

Betsy devos is just icing on the cake.

FWIW, I think this thread should be moved. It's about politics, not basketball. Even if the OP felt differently and wanted to continue to support the Magic, it would be difficult to do at this point given how they are playing.

I saw this and it should worry everyone -- and it's not just huffpost so stop with the ad hominem arguments.

One thing this election showed was how dishonest and influenced the media and journalism is so no, I won't stop.

P4TW, not a mod but this seems to be turning away from basketball. Might want to put it in the political section.

One thing this election showed was the dishonest and influence the media and journalism has become so no, I won't stop.

P4TW, not a mod but this seems to be turning away from basketball. Might want to put it in the political section.

Oh good god - trump has been caught lying so much on video but it's the medias fault for exposing those lies right? Ridiculous

I disagree with a lot of musicians, actors and most sport players, but I don't allow my personal opinion of them allow me not to listen to their music nor watch their movies or sports, etc.

However, I'd rather not discuss any of that here. This is a basketball forum and what I appreciate about the Devos family is that they have spent money when they had to compete. However, the last few years they have messed up the rebuild by meddling with our GM's plan. A good owner needs to know when to use their power to interact with the team and when to not do anything. The last few years, I'm not sure if I trust the Devos in that.

Oh good god - trump has been caught lying so much on video but it's the medias fault for exposing those lies right? Ridiculous

No it's the media's fault for their biased reporting that has been influenced by certain candidates which indeed happened.

Again, not a Trump fan at all but if your going to be one sided on who's a liar, your part of the problem.

I've had this thought a lot and I've really struggled this season supporting the Magic. I've found myself thinking if I'd feel differently if the team wasn't miserable to watch and just an overall poor product this year and I came to the conclusion that I would. I have zero faith in Trump and think he's the worst president we'll ever have and I have zero faith in Betsy DeVos and think it's a joke that we're even considering her for the Secretary of Education. I've been to a few games this year out of my love for the Magic, but I'm done attending games for this season because the team isn't worth the money, but I'm doing my best to keep the politics separate. I definitely see where you're coming from though OP, and I know you're not the only Magic fan having a hard time with this.

I respect the OP opinion but I am not in support of his action. Giving his back on the team due to the owners political preferences is irresponsible. Most, if not all, the players are againts the current administration. Some of the player are not even american citizens. We should be proud and grateful that we have a local major sport in town and we need to continue supporting the team in order to keep it in town for years to come. The Devous family has been good to our town eventhough they dont even live here. Lets put politics aside and left support each other here. We all want our country to do well and we want our beloved magic to do well as well. I love the city and I love this team. I might not be in favor or happy with some of the things currently happening with the new administration but as a good american citizen I will support my country 100% . People that knows me call me the confused republican. Why? because I dont like Trump as a person and dont suppor some of his ideologist. Also because I consider Obama to be one of the smartest president we ever had as well as a great family guy and overall human being.

I respect everyone and to does people who serve this country you will see me extending my arm proudly for a handshake. If a ever see Trump, Obama, Clinton, Sanders, Rubio, Bush etc... you will see me shaking their hands and thank them for their service to this country.

As for the Magic, Please keep enjoying what brought you happiness in the past and get pass this this thing that we call politics. I invite you to rethink your position cause I will love to continue talking with you about our beloved Magics.

Go MAGIC and Go Orlando.

• Upvote 1