Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Magic Vs Bulls

I tried to hold on to our playoffs hope as long as I could but even I have to admit that the playoffs maybe out of reach. This rebuild is a failure and it's time to start over again.

I agrees and that's why this team needs to be dismantled

Green is such a terrible player. I was upset when we signed him, and I'm upset now. Yes, we have financial flexibility moving forward, but I'd much rather be cheering on Harris or another young guy for whom we could have moved him. Thanks Henny

• Upvote 1

I guess. It's for the greater good.

Yes, the greater good of gloriously losing so that hopefully we can eventually get someone good in the draft. Honestly, if that's all there is to it, teams who just want to lose should be given the option not to play at all, and default to a record of 20-62 or something. They could keep refusing to play for as many years as it takes to get someone great in the draft, and then switch their status to "on" after they finally land their player. I mean who wants to watch a team that's not trying to put out a winning product, especially if we're talking multiple years?

• Upvote 1

Yes, the greater good of gloriously losing so that hopefully we can eventually get someone good in the draft. Honestly, if that's all there is to it, teams who just want to lose should be given the option not to play at all, and default to a record of 20-62 or something. They could keep refusing to play for as many years as it takes to get someone great in the draft, and then switch their status to "on" after they finally land their player. I mean who wants to watch a team that's not trying to put out a winning product, especially if we're talking multiple years?

Talk to philly -- I'd much rather be in their place

I mean we're in the position now with meeks probably out for the year and Fournier out an indefinite period of time. instead of performing a late season heroic rally for 36 wins and the 11th pick which sticks us with the Belgian Patrick Beverly we get a really good chance at one of three high ceiling (like wall/paul/westbrook types), high production, well rounded point guards.

• Upvote 1

I mean we're in the position now with meeks probably out for the year and Fournier out an indefinite period of time. instead of performing a late season heroic rally for 36 wins and the 11th pick which sticks us with the Belgian Patrick Beverly we get a really good chance at one of three high ceiling (like wall/paul/westbrook types), high production, well rounded point guards.

Let's just hope management doesn't decide to trade the pick plus the Laker pick for Dragic in another misguided "win now" edict.

Talk to me #tankcommander

Let's just hope management doesn't decide to trade the pick plus the Laker pick for Dragic in another misguided "win now" edict.

theres zero chance we trade this pick without heavy protections.

I'm not against making a trade to make us better long term. But it'd have to be a significantly better player.

I think the Dragic trade was a thought process from two weeks ago (or more) when Fournier was on the way back and we could look at things like "beat Denver, beat new Orleans, beat Chicago and suddenly we're 21 and 26 and have a really good shot at the playoffs and what's the point of going the other way with tanking when there's little reason to believe we can contend for a top pick".

then Fournier happened. then meeks happened. now augustin is out and we lost those games we needed to win. And you have every team below us suddenly winning games this month with the exception of the lakers and Brooklyn.

So if we ultimately wanted to trade this pick and Ibaka or whatever for Jabari Parker or Paul George or CJ McCollum I'd be ok with that. because it's essentially getting a player locked up long term that we'd hope to draft anyway. so that's fine. But absent that type of trade we're better off just tanking.

theres zero chance we trade this pick without heavy protections.

I'm not against making a trade to make us better long term. But it'd have to be a significantly better player.

I think the Dragic trade was a thought process from two weeks ago (or more) when Fournier was on the way back and we could look at things like "beat Denver, beat new Orleans, beat Chicago and suddenly we're 21 and 26 and have a really good shot at the playoffs and what's the point of going the other way with tanking when there's little reason to believe we can contend for a top pick".

then Fournier happened. then meeks happened. now augustin is out and we lost those games we needed to win. And you have every team below us suddenly winning games this month with the exception of the lakers and Brooklyn.

So if we ultimately wanted to trade this pick and Ibaka or whatever for Jabari Parker or Paul George or CJ McCollum I'd be ok with that. because it's essentially getting a player locked up long term that we'd hope to draft anyway. so that's fine. But absent that type of trade we're better off just tanking.

Zero chance we trade the pick? Are you kidding? Henny knows his job as GM here is OVER right now unless he can hit a home run with a trade. That means all our best assets (our top 5 first this year, the Lakers first, next years first on another crappy Magic team) are up for a player that can in Henny's mind pull us back to respectability. This is the exact point where Otis went from bad to colossally damaging to our team. Ill use the exact thing I said with Otis "the GM has nothing to lose by making smart trades for our future because he wont be a part of it for very long. All he cares about is keeping his job right now and that means throwing all our future assets away for the present". If ownership lets him go unchecked he will send our firsts, future firsts and young talent away for an extra 7 wins this year. The chance of trading our first is 100% if Henny has his way....if ownership has any clue the chance of trading our first should be only if we get a great return on it both now and in the future. My guess is as usual ownership is asleep at the wheel and Henny mortgages our future for marginal veteran talent and a few more wins....and is fired anyway.