Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Magic Vs Bulls

I mean we're in the position now with meeks probably out for the year and Fournier out an indefinite period of time. instead of performing a late season heroic rally for 36 wins and the 11th pick which sticks us with the Belgian Patrick Beverly we get a really good chance at one of three high ceiling (like wall/paul/westbrook types), high production, well rounded point guards.

I don't disagree. I just hate the system that the incentivizes teams to lose. I wouldn't watch my son compete a childrens level if I thought the team wasn't trying to win. Why on earth would I bother with a professional team if they don't care, or even worse are trying to lose?

I much prefer heart and hustle. Just go out there, put it all on the table, and see what happens.

I don't disagree. I just hate the system that the incentivizes teams to lose. I wouldn't watch my son compete a childrens level if I thought the team wasn't trying to win. Why on earth would I bother with a professional team if they don't care, or even worse are trying to lose?

I much prefer heart and hustle. Just go out there, put it all on the table, and see what happens.

if you do it the right way you get to watch young players figure things out, try really hard and build on their games while narrowly losing. So you get fun basketball that's more of a means to an end. like when we watched harkless and harris run around.

But yeah, there's no reason for you to watch Jeff Green forget to rotate on defense multiple times leading to layups and have him continue to play.

if you do it the right way you get to watch young players figure things out, try really hard and build on their games while narrowly losing. So you get fun basketball that's more of a means to an end. like when we watched harkless and harris run around.

But yeah, there's no reason for you to watch Jeff Green forget to rotate on defense multiple times leading to layups and have him continue to play.

I'm not that enthusiastic about watching incompetent teams of "young guns" like Harkless and Harris either. Did that for 3 years, and it didn't seem to me that we were really getting closer to any "end" that mattered. No one (outside of a few people here who badly overestimated our talent) really thought Harris and/or Harkless or the other "guns" would ever be a very good team. No, the idea was to be bad for year after year to maybe get that magical draft pick. Ready to move on to a different approach.

Zero chance we trade the pick? Are you kidding? Henny knows his job as GM here is OVER right now unless he can hit a home run with a trade. That means all our best assets (our top 5 first this year, the Lakers first, next years first on another crappy Magic team) are up for a player that can in Henny's mind pull us back to respectability. This is the exact point where Otis went from bad to colossally damaging to our team. Ill use the exact thing I said with Otis "the GM has nothing to lose by making smart trades for our future because he wont be a part of it for very long. All he cares about is keeping his job right now and that means throwing all our future assets away for the present". If ownership lets him go unchecked he will send our firsts, future firsts and young talent away for an extra 7 wins this year. The chance of trading our first is 100% if Henny has his way....if ownership has any clue the chance of trading our first should be only if we get a great return on it both now and in the future. My guess is as usual ownership is asleep at the wheel and Henny mortgages our future for marginal veteran talent and a few more wins....and is fired anyway.

Hennigan literally went on record yesterday and said he will not mortgage the team's future despite the uncertainty regarding his job status.

Then what the hell is vogel thinking? It's getting annoying to watch guys with no future on our team if we're losing anyway.

Hennigan literally went on record yesterday and said he will not mortgage the team's future despite the uncertainty regarding his job status.

On the radio? I did't hear or see it

On the radio? I did't hear or see it

http://www.espn580orlando.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=18371

At ~15 minutes, he gets specifically asked if Magic fans need to be worried about him making a short-term move that sacrifices the future. The rest of the interview is good as well but that one part negates everything S.A.C. highlighted.

Look at the bright side, at least we only have Jeff Green for a year.

As far as the Bulls game, there was only one word for it: Sloppy.

Or Jeff Green take bad shots that sometime miraculously make it in, but more often than not miss.

I'd love to see the vets traded, see what we can get for Vuc and Evan, and then put Payton, Gordon, Hezonja, Biz and a harm body on the floor and let them defend and run. I see our biggest issue as trying to fit a back to the basket/shooting big with a PG and SF that are at their best in a run and gun open floor type game.

Evan was thought to be a better compliment to Payton, but Evan is another complimentary piece. We have enough of those. I'd rather watch terrible basketball with the hope for player development than terrible basketball from a team expected to compete for the playoffs.

Payton, Gordon and Hezonja are the rebuilds last hope for success. Payton and Gordon show flashes. Turn the rest of this year over to those three for development. Free up as much money as possible and hope you get a good player in the draft. Best we can do at this point.

I'd love to see the vets traded, see what we can get for Vuc and Evan, and then put Payton, Gordon, Hezonja, Biz and a harm body on the floor and let them defend and run. I see our biggest issue as trying to fit a back to the basket/shooting big with a PG and SF that are at their best in a run and gun open floor type game.

Evan was thought to be a better compliment to Payton, but Evan is another complimentary piece. We have enough of those. I'd rather watch terrible basketball with the hope for player development than terrible basketball from a team expected to compete for the playoffs.

Payton, Gordon and Hezonja are the rebuilds last hope for success. Payton and Gordon show flashes. Turn the rest of this year over to those three for development. Free up as much money as possible and hope you get a good player in the draft. Best we can do at this point.

I would love that myself. Can management go away from the win now mentality to do so?